the crane the crane | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I don't want to get in an argument about this, but from the same article:

"Once the crown truss is finished early next year, work will stop for the harshest part of the winter."
Based on the pace they have been moving there will be no stopping through the harshest part of winter, so to me that means there has been a delay and they are behind schedule.

Come on, you should know that the "harshest part of winter" is typically March if not April in these parts. ;)

for all we really know maybe the transision on the corner is the really hard part and requires more prep

5D99C55D-E4FA-4AB7-A02E-8556103C1A32.jpeg

Walter is bringing something back from the girder in a carrier now at 1`:54. I haven't been watching for two - three days because of the lack of anything happening just tuned in and the white crane is about to unload from a trailer also - it's like magic everything has suddenly come to life. Maybe they've been reading the board at HH and noted our impatience?! Looks like more spiral steel on the truck. Yea, work is happening.

Last edited:
Until it's up a little I can't tell what it is sure looks like a column but a shorter one than the others? It's off the trailer looks like it's wrapped? The crane op just lowered it behind the outer fence parallel to the truck (temporarily)? Also there is a second column on the left side of the trailer which is what they are attaching the crane hoist to now. This one is being brought into the yard. This column, the thinnest diameter one I've seen, is being slowly lowered along side the others.

Last edited:
Until it's up a little I can't tell what it is sure looks like a column but a shorter one than the others? It's off the trailer looks lie it's wrapped? The crane op just lowered it behind the outer fence parallel to the truck (temporarily)? Also there is a second column on the left side of the trailer which is what they are attaching the crane hoist to now. This one is being brought into the yard. This column the thinnest diameter one I've seen is being slowly lowered along side the others.
Probably has a big crack in it... that's my guess based on the fact they are not hoisting it to the roof.
tenor.gif

The crane operator just lifted the new column and turned it 360 degrees. Guess they want the other end closest to the Dome. That is some amazing stuff. Didn't know the op could turn things around in the air with no guidance rope or wires from the ground crew. The first column's top is visible between the inner and outer fence for the time being.

Nice pictures Bees. Thanks.

I must point out that you are possibly providing evidence that contruction crews take time off at the holidays, kind of like most of us. Or, you took these photos weeks ago.and are posting them now to cover up the Dreaded.Dome.Delay.

(Shines bright light in Bees eyes). Time to come clean, Bees, are you part of the delay conspiracy or the cover up? (Sarcasm font off)

Thanks, again. The photos are good and seeing the progress on the enormous task is great. Please continue the good work for us Craniacs.

Things are really opening up - the crane on the side opposite Walt's yard is lowering a carrier below the Live Cams sight lines so w/o Bees I don't know what its purpose is - to carry something. And here's what's happening courtesy of nice photos from Bees. I am still waiting to see if Walt raises the carrier that it's still attached to. The crew has now disappeared except for one crew member or the truck driver who is moving things around on the rear of the trailer. Sure wish this Cam had a zoom. All the crew are back out walking around the yard inspecting.

Last edited:
Walt is lifting the red carrier again going up now with what IDK, (supplies required by the two to three crew up on top). OK, so Walt lifted the carrier up across the Domes roof and over to the crown truss nearest Walt's yard. Gotta be someone or two up there to receive it. The crew up top look to be walking on a horizontal plank so they can work on whatever the aforementioned aspect of the truss needs attention. I see it not a plank but maybe part of a scaffold with rails to hold onto if needed. It's really hard to see - that's where the zoom function would help but we're not gonna get it so enough about that.

Last edited:
My take:

The spirals that arrived today are shorter than the ones we have seen in the past. I think they are meant to be installed in the gap area between the two sections of box girders already up.

The box girder Bees has pics off just got loaded in the storage area near Heroy.

The hydraulic switch that was taken off the western wall was re-installed today.

I think they have the inventory needed now to start to fill in the gap on the southern wall between the two sections of crown truss up today. They don't have enough to finish it but I think they have enough to start it.

Maybe they were waiting for parts all this time and tomorrow things will finally start to move forward again.

Walt is lifting the red carrier again going up now with what IDK, (supplies required by the two to three crew up on top). OK, so Walt lifted the carrier up across the Domes roof and over to the crown truss nearest Walt's yard. Gotta be someone or two up there to receive it. The crew up top look to be walking on a horizontal plank so they can work on whatever the aforementioned aspect of the truss needs attention.
Hamburgers from 5-guys?

Walt just returned the red carrier without anyone in it so the crew is still up there to the yard close to the spiral columns and is now lifting another carrier, a smaller one up top. Supplies to the crown truss crew. Coming back are those two crew in the carrier? Or not?

Last edited:
MORE COLUMNS ON A NEW TRAILER AT 3:44! Guess the Hendricks side is getting this load the truck is backing all the way up the street.

Last edited:
MORE COLUMNS ON A NEW TRAILER AT 3:44! Guess the Hendricks side is getting this load the truck is backing all the way up the street.

So his knees are doing better then? That's some heavy lifting.

I was really hoping they'd put a mote around the Dome.

its not the end of January yet, nor is it early "next year" (said last october) yet.
23 or 24 days left to the end of January, if you think they can finish the crown truss in that time more power to you, but I can not see that happening. I am not saying the entire project can not get back on schedule, however I doubt the truss will be completed by the projected date of end of January.

23 or 24 days left to the end of January, if you think they can finish the crown truss in that time more power to you, but I can not see that happening. I am not saying the entire project can not get back on schedule, however I doubt the truss will be completed by the projected date of end of January.

well its obvious they built in some schedule margin.