the crane the crane | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Have they ever discussed painting the exterior of the dome?

I would brick it about 20 feet up and then add climbing ivy above that.

In my money is no object world I go back to this early rendering where there was - for lack of a better term - an outside concourse. This would be a great look to go along with the brick and ivy and additionally, widens the concourses without expanding the concrete footprint.

23538912-standard.jpg

Last edited:
Couldn’t we blow out portions of the wall with like roll up doors, and make the perimeter streets “part of the stadium” during games like Eutaw Street at Camden Yards?

Defeats the purpose of installing air conditioning if we're gonna leave all the doors and windows open in September.

big boy going to sleep it looks like. must be done for the week
knuckling Walt down necessary due to high winds Sat/Sun. Next Mon - Wed weather looks great for Work by Walt.

Well I’m in the “ac is a waste” camp anyway lol
A waste? I'm guessing you are not a season ticket holder, or you are a Bactrian camel.

A waste? I'm guessing you are not a season ticket holder, or you are a Bactrian camel.
I am. But it’s one month. I’d rather see the cost go elsewhere.

I don’t have an answer to your question, but assume they wouldn’t consider it. Painting means repainting, especially with Cuse’s weather cycle
I believe painting on concrete can be problematic, causing deterioration of the concrete under certain conditions. Probably not advisable.

Brick half way up ... at least on the West and South sides. That would go a long way towards integrating the Dome into the campus aesthetic and making it look less Brutalist. (Happy to hear your [much more professional] thoughts on this).
A façade of some sort would be good, but not sure they want the added cost.

I am. But it’s one month. I’d rather see the cost go elsewhere.
It’s also used in the summer for events as well as graduation. AC might open up more opportunities for the warmer months.

The beer I'm drinking right now is 60 degrees warmer than the temp outside.

disclaimer- I'm an adult, I'm drinking whiskey. But the beer my brother next to me is drinking is 60 degrees warmer than the air outside.
So - you're in Alaska. It's Winter. It's cold outside. And you're drinking. I believe that's called Thursday.

I keep seeing these pics thinking that giant LEGO blocks would have been so much easier to connect.

Some evening work (earlier this evening) on the tension wires using some smaller cranes.

View attachment 175125View attachment 175126View attachment 175127
These are pictures of one of the bendy metal strips they use to augment the normal steel cables that hold the crown truss in place tieing it to the back stays.

I think they tried repeatedly to get one of these in place on the northwest corner and failed. This was just after the last piece of box girder was installed in the northwest corner. Maybe they eventually got it put in place but I doubt it, since I saw them put it back in the Irving storage area and haven’t seen any progress on that part of the crown truss since. I think it might be why things aren’t moving forward with that section.

The bendy metal strips are much longer than the cables, and much thicker and stronger. They are longer than the spiral columns and are rigid enough to lie horizontal when placed on the ground. At least one spent time in the storage area on Irving before the failed installation attempt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom