the crane the crane | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Didn't Sala say that Walt would have to be broken down and moved to the other side of the Dome at some point to begin that side?

Wonder how long that will take, then have to actually do the work.

Too bad there isn’t a tailgate On the horizon. Those beer muscles would have that crane down in a heartbeat! :p

still wondering why this side has some much extra scaffold work being done compared to the other side.
I bet the ground space is so tight on that end that they can't get lifts on that side.

I think the best way to anticipate where the next pieces will go up is to look at where they have installed back stay steel. They can’t put the crown truss up without back stay steel to hold it in place.

Based on that, they are going to bridge the gap between the two corners next. They have the back stays in place, ready to go to make this happen.

There is a place for one big back stay in the middle of the east and west walls. We know they haven’t done anything to the west wall yet. We can see a lot of activity with that white crane on the east wall but can’t see the wall. I suspect they might be putting back stays up there but can’t tell. Maybe Bees can one through with a picture or two? Based on the limited action I could see, they might have a couple back stays in the process of being installed. Don’t know why there would be so much activity over there unless it was back stay related.
Ah, the Great Girder Guessing Game. I like it.
This could become a board fundraiser if done right - a little PayPal here, a little guess the location of the next girder there, and suddenly the YouTube viewership goes through the roof :)

Getting after it around 8:30, white crane appears to be getting ready to unload a box girder to the crane yard.

We can see a lot of activity with that white crane on the east wall but can’t see the wall. I suspect they might be putting back stays up there but can’t tell. Maybe Bees can one through with a picture or two? Based on the limited action I could see, they might have a couple back stays in the process of being installed. Don’t know why there would be so much activity over there unless it was back stay related.

Last night there was some obvious change to the roofline on the east wall that was visible over Archbold*, but it was too dark to really make it out. I'll get over there soon for a better look during daylight hours.

*Much thanks to the Barnes family's generosity but, to paraphrase J. Peterman, it'll always be Archbold to me.

Getting after it around 8:30, white crane appears to be getting ready to unload a box girder to the crane yard.
It is really windy today. Surprised they haven't put the cranes down yet. I doubt they will be doing anything up top. Might be a good day to get some back stay steel up though.

It is really windy today. Surprised they haven't put the cranes down yet. I doubt they will be doing anything up top.

Agreed, i would imagine its all prep work today, as much as they can do without the big cranes.

Last night there was some obvious change to the roofline on the east wall that was visible over Archbold*, but it was too dark to really make it out. I'll get over there soon for a better look during daylight hours.

*Much thanks to the Barnes family's generosity but, to paraphrase J. Peterman, it'll always be Archbold to me.
Appears they have the back stays installed on the east side, at least that is what I saw going into the game last night.

Walt is finally moving the girder from the truck.
Need to send that truck back to get another girder...

Silly question...
Where Walt sits now, is the plan to replace the front steps similar to what was there, or something different?

If I get married again, I'm going to ask my next wife to toss a girder.

Silly question...
Where Walt sits now, is the plan to replace the front steps similar to what was there, or something different?
Good question. I wouldn't be surprised if something gets built there.

2:50 P.M. Blurry due to snow / flurries that will continue for 60 minutes. The high tomorrow will be 18 degrees- the white crane has been moving things around the yard - mostly menial labor for it. Walt is at rest today. The white cranes op has its boom extended over the driveway going into the yard and is now waiting for crew to hook up something or not - looks like an early quitting time today.

We really should have a tailgate to watch this. It's quite selfish that we're not cheering on Walt in person. Every day is his GAMEDAY. I'll bring some hoodies for everyone. TexanMark will send out the details soon.

1579226426317.png

Today is a relatively low wind day. Cold, temp around 10 F right now. They already have a spiral in the air. Assume it is going to help finish the 3rd arrowhead in the northwest corner.

Hoping the question of what happens next is answered today. Since the northeast corner is ahead of the northwest, I would think they will probably start on the next move first.

Again, based on the back stay steel installed to date and the length of the spirals in storage at Irving (they appear to be noticeably shorter than what has been going up), it looks like we are going to see the two sections joined together next.

It looks like work is being done on the south wall to help prep it for the installation of back stay steel. Good sign.

Last edited:
Today is a relatively low wind day. Cold, temp around 10 F right now. They already have a spiral in the air. Assume it is going to help finish the 3rd arrowhead in the northwest corner.

Hoping the question of what happens next is answered today. Since the northeast corner is ahead of the northwest, I would think they will probably start on the next move first.

Again, based on the back stay steel installed to date and the length of the spirals in storage at Irving (they appear to be noticeably shorter than what has been going up), it looks like we are going to see the two sections joined together next.

It looks like work is being done on the south wall to help prep it for the installation of back stay steel. Good sign.

Is all the backstay is up along the northern side? If so I'd have to think they will go there next. I did not look the other night prior to game, got stuck in 81 traffic and ran out of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom