the crane the crane | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I hope they have some small lower priced options. I’d love a small square of it if the price is right

This. I want 6x6 or 12x12 inch pieces. What will most likely happen is I will have to buy it on a plaque from Steiner for $200.
I would expect all these pieces to be sold by Steiner...

How thick is the Dome? I'd imagine it has to be 4-5 inches thick...

If the pee trough's ever go up for auction, I will 100% be attempting to buy one. Would be a perfect addition in the Cuse Cave at my house.

If the pee trough's ever go up for auction, I will 100% be attempting to buy one. Would be a perfect addition in the Cuse Cave at my house.
Yeah the canopy material I'm sure is about 1/8th to 3/16ths thick. The concrete walls I figure are about a foot thick.

If the rumors are true, and SU really is going to ignore what the fan base wants and install urinals, they would be even more foolish if they just threw them out. They would generate a lot of interest if put up for sale.

If the rumors are true, and SU really is going to ignore what the fan base wants and install urinals, they would be even more foolish if they just threw them out. They would generate a lot of interest if put up for sale.
No idea how accurate, but I’ve been told the restrooms have been moved out of Phase I.

Yeah the canopy material I'm sure is about 1/8th to 3/16ths thick.

Wow, that's actually shocking to me. The amount of tension pulling on that Dome at all times would seem like rips/tears would easily happen if it were only that thick. I for sure thought thicker.

The concrete walls are a different story. It's basically a bomb shelter.

“The $118 million project is on schedule, expected to be finished by the time the SU Football team hosts Colgate inside the newly refurbished Dome on Saturday, September 19.”

Well, at least everything’s still on schedule... ;)

I don’t care what the ol lady says, I’m buying so much dome roof.
When it arrives:

1580786487311.png

I was just imagining my wife's reaction if I told her I bought a used 40 year old pee trough.
If she gets upset just tell her it was used as a small tank at the local hatchery for sac fry, (newly hatched trout)

I think there are at least 3 box girders onsite somewhere. There's one in Walt's yard, there's one that Walt's buddy had aloft a few days ago, and there's one that arrived the same day as the one that Walt just put up. Don't know if they're the right ones to complete the gap, but there's enough on site. I kind of think they wanted to put another up today but the wind changed their mind after the spiral column was put up. Walt was hooked up to the weights for a while. What was big enough that he'd need the weights if not a box piece?
The counterweights wouldn't be helping Walt if it wasn't a box girder I don't think. Maybe tomorrow we find out what's next. 39/24 with a snow/rain shower. Has to be spirals going up first there are none in place just the one between the fences parallel to Irving and what looks like a very small one not far from the front of Walt's left crawler track.

Me too. And they’d make great window boxes.

127D9951-81E6-4258-9C44-869424E7F103.jpeg