the crane the crane | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Looks like they are unloading the same type of T joints (or whatever the correct name is) on the west side of the Dome that Bees posted pictures of a couple of days ago on the east side.

I am guessing we will see the first supporting pieces that connect to the tension ring up shortly. What can brown do for you?

I am guessing we will see the first supporting pieces that connect to the tension ring up shortly. What can brown do for you?

I'm thinking it'll be a large piece. They've been building something on the ground with that steel during the course of the week. Looks like a big tent.

I'm thinking it'll be a large piece. They've been building something on the ground with that steel during the course of the week. Looks like a big tent.
It will be really interesting just how they manage getting the crown truss up.

It is a pretty complex puzzle of parts that need to be connected. I would think you want to bring sections up that are put together as much as possible to avoid having to do a lot of assembly so high up in the air. But if it gets too big, getting all the connections to the base tension ring becomes really involved.

This should be the most interesting part of phase 1. Did I read somewhere they hoped to have it completed by the end of November? If so, I bet that is being driven largely by winter.

It will be really interesting just how they manage getting the crown truss up.

It is a pretty complex puzzle of parts that need to be connected. I would think you want to bring sections up that are put together as much as possible to avoid having to do a lot of assembly so high up in the air. But if it gets too big, getting all the connections to the base tension ring becomes really involved.

This should be the most interesting part of phase 1. Did I read somewhere they hoped to have it completed by the end of November? If so, I bet that is being driven largely by winter.
Very, very carefully. ;)

Current live shot of Dome camera (cranes) appears that something relatively substantial is about to happen soon.

Looks like they’re done for the day and positioning them for how they want them for the game tomorrow.

tenor.gif

Looks like they are unloading the same type of T joints (or whatever the correct name is) on the west side of the Dome that Bees posted pictures of a couple of days ago on the east side.

Looks like they’re done for the day and positioning them for how they want them for the game tomorrow.
The brown steel cross like beams you guys are seeing are for temporary extra support, only for the tension ring, are not permanent structural pieces, they’re there to offer more stability while more work is done. They are brown because they are only temporary and will all come down as other work progresses and is finished. Right from the horses mouth.

Last edited:
The brown steel cross like beams you guys are seeing are for temporary extra support only for the tension ring, not permanent structural pieces, while more work is done. They are brown because they are only temporary and will all come down as other work progresses and is finished. Right from the horses mouth.
So the permanent pieces for the crown truss and the beams that support it ARE going to be all white? Is that right? That makes so much more sense.

so how much is the rental cost for these cranes to hang around for a yr or so?

If they plan to dress it up with a fabric then painting might be a waste of $. This has been mentioned as a possible cosmetic tweak. I think there's a low-res rendering of this somewhere.
I thought the talk was white louvers on the outside structure that would obscure everything and make it look like a tall white dome.

There was a rendering of the roof going up with tall white louvers on the outside.

I thought the talk was white louvers on the outside structure that would obscure everything and make it look like a tall white dome.

There was a rendering of the roof going up with tall white louvers on the outside.
They didn't go with that design. You need to follow along more closely.

ugh Im sorry this new roof structure is ugly, def looks like an "add on" piece and not very well incorporated into the original design

oh well, bring us A/C, actual seats, new food, new locker rooms and great sound and I will not complain (too loudly) about how ugly the outside is

They are slapping those temporary holding fixtures up on the fascade at an impressive clip. The whole west end is done.

Hoping they will start mounting pieces of the crown truss and its supports soon. Don't see any white steel getting piled up, so I suspect we will be seeing fixtures going up for at least the rest of this week.

There are lots of long brown pieces of steel piled up now. Are they going to get the cross truss up using ugly brown steel, and only then, when fully positioned, add the permanent white steel supporting pieces?

100319.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom