the crane the crane | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Unfortunately my Russian Bride ads have disappeared for crane and heavy equipment ads.
I guess those are better than Pit Bull Jeans ads with clothing for "thick" women with plump derrieres.

Unfortunately my Russian Bride ads have disappeared for crane and heavy equipment ads.
Crane ads are much better:
1. You feel good if you buy American.
2. You get a warranty with a crane
3. Cranes hold their value better.
4. You can trade a crane in for a newer model.
5. You don’t have to worry when your drunk friend says they want to drive your crane.
6. A crane will always be there to help you with erections.
7. A crane won’t ask you to help it’s mother come to this country.
8. A crane will never ask you if it looks fat.
9. Cranes don’t care if you look at other cranes.
10. And finally, a crane won’t be entitled to 50% of your assets if you decide you don’t want it around any longer.

Crane ads are much better:
1. You feel good if you buy American.
2. You get a warranty with a crane
3. Cranes hold their value better.
4. You can trade a crane in for a newer model.
5. You don’t have to worry when your drunk friend says they want to drive your crane.
6. A crane will always be there to help you with erections.
7. A crane won’t ask you to help it’s mother come to this country.
8. A crane will never ask you if it looks fat.
9. Cranes don’t care if you look at other cranes.
10. And finally, a crane won’t be entitled to 50% of your assets if you decide you don’t want it around any longer.
Looks like a box girder is movin on up to the East Side...

Looks like a box girder is movin on up to the East Side...
Screenshot from 2020-02-21 08-07-02.png
Screenshot from 2020-02-21 08-22-06.png

Yes, it is... ;)

Last edited:
Crews are standing by at the spiral supports at each end of the arriving girder.

View attachment 177014
Some prime crane viewing today with a clear, crisp day and a brilliant deep blue sky.

I think the east side is going to be easier to complete than the west side because the crown truss is so much closer to ground level on the east side. On the west side, I believe that those orange people mover things are not long enough to get people up to the crown truss level. Maybe the white crane is long enough and can be outfitted with a bucket to do the job there? We will see, hopefully soon!

I know the stats are a bit weak but have we determined the min max of install time for a spiral girder combo? Could they do a 2-fer in one day on the same end? will we see a West End install? Tune in , only the Shadow knows..

I know the stats are a bit weak but have we determined the min max of install time for a spiral girder combo? Could they do a 2-fer in one day on the same end? will we see a West End install? Tune in , only the Shadow knows..
I suspect that the East side will get a couple more girders installed before anything happens on Walt’s side.

My hope for today is that they install another support or two so that another girder gets installed on Monday.

and we're not even at max elevation of the crown truss. Looks like it will go a little higher based on progress on the east side. It's so neat to watch.
Yes, it will be a full 80 feet (8 stories) above the wall at the midpoint of the east and west walls. Adding that last girder made it long enough so you can get a much better feel for the curves of the truss as it flows from its high points to its low points (the midpoints of the north and south walls).

When I first saw the drawings of the crown truss, I thought it was an ugly monstrosity. Seeing it come together for real, I like it a lot more than I thought I would. Didn’t know it was going to be brilliant white, which I like a lot. And the drawings were not done to the right scale. It is far bigger and thicker than the drawings indicated. As least to my eye...

I noticed that the spiral in the open on the west side, by Walt, has been outfitted with a collar. That has to be a good sign. At this point, I am thinking that the reason they haven’t put it up is because the box girder that goes with it is still not on site. I don’t think they will put a spiral up unless the box girder paired with it is also around. I don’t think Walt even has counter weights attached right now. I agree with Moontan. Doesn’t look like anything is imminent on the west side right now.

To answer @upperdeck’s question, I do think it is possible to do a girder a day on both ends of the truss. This assumes good weather, and ready access to the spirals and girders needed, and no lost days because of events in the dome. Hopefully by the start of March, all those things will be in place and we will regularly see 2 girders going up each day. It looks like it takes a good half a day to get a spiral up, in place, stablilized with cables and lined up precisely with the right angle. You can see staging a box girder is very involved. The railings, the cables, everything needs to be lined up just so, and given the size of those beasts, it isn’t trivial to do.

I read the blog post of the UConn fan who came to the Dome for the Wake Forest game. He commented on the gust of wind he encountered as he left the facility. That made me realize I only have two more chances to experience that feeling. I rarely go out a normal door exiting the dome...people are usually stationed at the normal doors and they clearly want everyone to use the revolving doors to leave. I hope they give everyone the chance to leave through the normal doors after the last game against UNC. I would like to do it one more time, for nostalgia, before that experience is gone forever.