4/19

57°Hi

RealFeel® 53°

RealFeel Shade™ 52°

Breezy in the morning; otherwise, some sun, then turning cloudy

Wind: WSW at 14 mph

Wind Gusts: 21 mph

Probability of Precipitation: 25%

Somebody is messing with the camera - wonder what view we'll be left with this time?

For you mechanical engineers and architects out there (because what I know about building would not fill a thimble). Is there some concise explanation of the roller coaster truss (which I personally do not find aesthetically pleasing) and is this obviously stable in extreme weather conditions especially very high winds? Why couldn't some regular looking roof have been installed or, failing that, some symmetrical truss (which I assume is necessary to provide support for the roof type that is being installed).
Perhaps it's only me but I do find the roller coaster truss both unique and aesthetically pleasing.

Looks like they are trying to give us the best view possible of the last girder the crop is in further than before.

I'm guessing here but if Walt's tray is full of all the counterweights and he's pulled to the edge of the ties in the yard we could see Walt lift the last "the golden girder into place". If the surveyors agree and everything is lined up who knows this could happen today. Also with the new placement of the camera. Peter is listening to someone on that, tomcat. We are definitely going to find out sooner than later I hope.

The wind is 13 with gusts to 17 not close to knuckle down speed.

Some other reason??? Wrong on my guess that he was involved with the last girder!!

Could be more wind gusts than expected and they had to knuckle Walt.

4/18

49°Hi

Clouds giving way to sun; breezy this afternoon

Wind: NNW at 12 mph

Wind Gusts: 21 mph

There goes any attempt of Walt placing the last girder today or Skylar :(

Change since yesterday -they had the weather that I posted yesterday at Wind 15 gusts to 22 so IT WAS IFFY. Looks like it got beyond iffy.

I wonder why walt had all the weight moved under the other side and now is pivoting to attach it? is there something secret below the camera lens.
A giant Big Boy statue, perhaps?
download (5).jpeg

Last edited:
Not looking forward to the meltdown on this board if there is an issue with the last girder! :(
There won't be an issue, at least from the contractor's perspective. They work steel.all the time and know how to fix minor issues.

Also, as has been discussed periodically, the find is pulling inwards j see its own weight (this the need for the back stays). You can almost guarantee they will need the fixture to spread the two sides apart before sliding the last girder in place. This is all part of the plan by experienced professionals.

Whether the girder is placed today or a week from now, rest assured that the pros know what they are doing and any speculation on our part will neither advance the process nor slow it down.

Any board melt down is futile.

Evidently the shape of the crown makes certain that any moisture that drains from the roof drains away from the entrance and exit gates but how they get it away from the building beats me.

Looks like they are trying to adjust it, but ended up with the stupid level of zoom again.

The Wayne’s World cameraman is operating it now.

EXTREME CLOSEUP!!! EXTREME CLOSEUP!!! :p