The current state of recruiting in this program | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The current state of recruiting in this program

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the guys we did get this year?
Pretty sure we whiffed on them too.
1570145593611.gif
;)

You tell me. Is anyone on the current roster that will make any all ACC team?
guerrier has a good chance to make the acc all freshman team. yes there are more highly rated players, but you know i don't think that means anything but even if it does, not too many are going to get as many minutes as quincy is likely to see. i wouldn't be surprised to see him lead all acc rookies in rebounding

I don't think five-straight 13+ loss seasons is good enough for this program. But I accept not much will change until JB retires.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 7.58.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 7.58.54 PM.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 35
I don't think five-straight 13+ loss seasons is good enough for this program. But I accept not much will change until JB retires.
so you predict another 13 loss season this year? and next?

Last year was such a disappointment. I think almost all of us thought that we would return to near the top of the league, single digit losses, at least 12-13 ACC wins, top 5 seed, etc.

Unfortunately just about every returning player played worse than they did the previous season, and our best recruit wasn’t ready for Primetime.

If before the season you would’ve told me that newcomers Buddy and Hughes would have the seasons they did, I would’ve thought we were going deep into March.

so you predict another 13 loss season this year? and next?

My expectation is more of the same right? I do think they can be better if Carey and Sidibe can solidify the PG and C spots.

Last year was such a disappointment. I think almost all of us thought that we would return to near the top of the league, single digit losses, at least 12-13 ACC wins, top 5 seed, etc.

Unfortunately just about every returning player played worse than they did the previous season, and our best recruit wasn’t ready for Primetime.

If before the season you would’ve told me that newcomers Buddy and Hughes would have the seasons they did, I would’ve thought we were going deep into March.
we forget that all 3 point guards were injured for the entire pre-season, and frank never even got back to his junior form, let alone any improvement

we forget that all 3 point guards were injured for the entire pre-season, and frank never even got back to his junior form, let alone any improvement

Injuries certainly were a big factor for Carey, Howard, and Sidibe.

I think Chukwu just maxed out.

Brissett...can’t come up with a reason there.

Marek improved a bit in terms of expanding how he could score but ultimately wasn’t really any more productive.

Tyus was about the same, but short of shooting the 3 better he didn’t really have anywhere to go and more or less maxed out what he was capable of IMO.

Injuries certainly were a big factor for Carey, Howard, and Sidibe.

I think Chukwu just maxed out.

Brissett...can’t come up with a reason there.

Marek improved a bit in terms of expanding how he could score but ultimately wasn’t really any more productive.

Tyus was about the same, but short of shooting the 3 better he didn’t really have anywhere to go and more or less maxed out what he was capable of IMO.
yup obviously brissett peaked as a frosh and chukwu as a junior. but not having a point guard to practice with in preseason put the team 6 weeks behind and they never quite caught up

Im on record that im not sold on Gmac being an elite recruiter. Im also on record giving Gerry for landing some great players such as our new sharp shooter who would not be wearing Orange if not for him. Its obvious that Hop was and remains a much better recruiter than anyone on our staff including JB.
Sanctions hurt us, cheating hurt us but losing Hop is the primary reason we are not landing the top tier kids anymore. Gmac replaced Hop and hes good but hes not and never will be in Hops league.
At this point we are solid just not at the level we were with Hop.

Im on record that im not sold on Gmac being an elite recruiter. Im also on record giving Gerry for landing some great players such as our new sharp shooter who would not be wearing Orange if not for him. Its obvious that Hop was and remains a much better recruiter than anyone on our staff including JB.
Sanctions hurt us, cheating hurt us but losing Hop is the primary reason we are not landing the top tier kids anymore. Gmac replaced Hop and hes good but hes not and never will be in Hops league.
[/QUOTE

Some don’t want to hear the truth. This program misses the Philly and Baltimore connection. I do know this for a fact. Hop is loved in Philly and this comes from a big time hs and aau Coach. We are not getting the kids that we need and it shows on the court

Why is it always on Gerry?

Autry is our most seasoned assistant coach and recruiter.

It's a nice class and I get that Quincy isn't ranked bc hes from Canada but we don't have one top 75 recruit. We aren't getting the big fish anymore and it's frustrating.

You literally have never seen any of them play and already are forming an opinion.

And thankfully Red has been doing his part and then some in bringing guys in or we’d have some really lean years lately.

They’ve both been getting some guys, and are doing their jobs well in this situation from what I can tell.

Neither is Hop. Not sure why the narrative is always that “GMac can’t be the next Hop”. Can Red recruit like Hop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom