The current state of recruiting in this program | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The current state of recruiting in this program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it always on Gerry?

Autry is our most seasoned assistant coach and recruiter.
Because for whatever reason Gmac has been the lead recruiter on the majority of kids that we invest huge, multiple year efforts on. Not just kids we offer but kids that we are all in on and unfortunately he has a ton of Silver trophies.

You literally have never seen any of them play and already are forming an opinion.
I like this class I think this group Is going to contribute a lot to this program the frustration is not being able to land the big time recruit the Stewart. The kid we lost yesterday etc.

They’ve both been getting some guys, and are doing their jobs well in this situation from what I can tell.

Neither is Hop. Not sure why the narrative is always that “GMac can’t be the next Hop”. Can Red recruit like Hop?

Red has been in a different class than Gerry from a recruiting perspective since he joined. Hop was a beast as we all know but Red is an excellent recruiter in his own right. Those two were a great duo during our run.

Gerry has struggled. It is what it is but he’s young and he’s learning so my guess is he should keep improving.

woody newton is from baltimore, i know that for a fact
and jba is from sudan but recruited out of suburban philly
giphy.gif

I like this class I think this group Is going to contribute a lot to this program the frustration is not being able to land the big time recruit the Stewart. The kid we lost yesterday etc.

The kid we lost yesterday isn’t better than Guerrier.

and jba is from sudan but recruited out of suburban philly
giphy.gif

The Nick Young as our leading scorer season, smh.

I wish I could find a gif of Loy Vaught screwing up to get you back...

Hoping the kid we lost yesterday has a Jalen Carey “great athlete but not ready for Primetime” freshman season.

Red has been in a different class than Gerry from a recruiting perspective since he joined. Hop was a beast as we all know but Red is an excellent recruiter in his own right. Those two were a great duo during our run.

Gerry has struggled. It is what it is but he’s young and he’s learning so my guess is he should keep improving.

Red didn’t do much of our recruiting the last run. He really didn’t get guys here until 2013. He’s solid, but Hops on another level.

That was all Rob Murphy.

I’d love to see the Philly and Baltimore grounds continue to be fertile, and I’d like to see us become the go to school for Toronto and Montreal kids. Those are huge cities that will only continue to churn out more prospects, and we’re the closest bigtime program to both.

Red didn’t do much of our recruiting the last run. He really didn’t get guys here until 2013. He’s solid, but Hops on another level.

Well he didn’t get here until around 2011ish if I remember right so 2012 would be his first class to recruit and he brought in Jerami. I think Jerami was a pretty good get. Red is much, much better than just “solid”.

Off the top of my head Red brought in Jerami, Ennis, Gbinije, McCullough, OB, Frank, AW3, Dolezaj, Thompson and maybe Roberson. And now he has us in a good spot with Jackson this year. I’d say that’s better than just solid and like I said before our program would look much, much different if he wasn’t bringing in the talent he has been.

Thats not the point. He was SUs number one, top of the board, all in, recruit and Gmac and JB ended up Bridesmaids again. Eventually the excuses wear thin. Sanctions, bags, playing time... The one constant for whatever reason is Gmac. We can speculate all we want about why we cant close but the results are what they are. The good news is that we are still recruiting well enough to field good competitive teams. Hopefully Red lands Jackson.

Thats not the point. He was SUs number one, top of the board, all in, recruit and Gmac and JB ended up Bridesmaids again. Eventually the excuses wear thin. Sanctions, bags, playing time... The one constant for whatever reason is Gmac. We can speculate all we want about why we cant close but the results are what they are. The good news is that we are still recruiting well enough to field good competitive teams. Hopefully Red lands Jackson.

So why was GMac on him and not Red?

Gmac seems to be placed on the kids with more direct SU ties. AAU, proximity... Maybe Jim just likes the way he drives.
Gerry doesnt like to travel too far away from home so they put him on all the local recruits. Traveling far away would really mess with his fishing season, especially when the salmon start running. Priorities

Well he didn’t get here until around 2011ish if I remember right so 2012 would be his first class to recruit and he brought in Jerami. I think Jerami was a pretty good get. Red is much, much better than just “solid”.

Off the top of my head Red brought in Jerami, Ennis, Gbinije, McCullough, OB, Frank, AW3, Dolezaj, Thompson and maybe Roberson. And now he has us in a good spot with Jackson this year. I’d say that’s better than just solid and like I said before our program would look much, much different if he wasn’t bringing in the talent he has been.

No offense but if we are going to call Moyer garbage why are you counting Thompson. Kid did nothing for us.

we forget that all 3 point guards were injured for the entire pre-season, and frank never even got back to his junior form, let alone any improvement
Maybe Jr Frank was the anomoly

Gerry doesnt like to travel too far away from home so they put him on all the local recruits. Traveling far away would really mess with his fishing season, especially when the salmon start running. Priorities

Lol.

I enjoy pulling out the “Gerry reeled in another one!” line whenever he’s the lead on a recruit that we get. I actually don’t even feel like it’s a funny line, but at the same time it feels like it has to be done.

No offense but if we are going to call Moyer garbage why are you counting Thompson. Kid did nothing for us.

I was kinda wondering why Thompson and Howard were listed...

When did I say Moyer was garbage?

And if it makes you feel better to take Thompson off the list then have at it but that list is a pretty strong track record with or without Thompson.

Kinda crazy there’s pushback at all here that Red is more than just a “solid” recruiter. A little shocked to be honest.

When did I say Moyer was garbage?

And if it makes you feel better to take Thompson off the list then have at it but that list is a pretty strong track record with or without Thompson.

Kinda crazy there’s pushback at all here that Red is more than just a “solid” recruiter. A little shocked to be honest.

When I brought up Red, I wasn’t doing it to question his recruiting.

I was more questioning why it’s always Gerry catching crap on the recruiting front.

I’ve also in the past questioned why Gerry always seems to be the one mentioned as the potential next coach.

Red seems to fly under the radar here on all fronts, while Gerry is always the center of discussion. That was my only point.

I like both of them. Not criticizing either of them, just the narrative on here often seems a little bizarre to me in how the two are discussed/not discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom