The DeVito catharsis thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

The DeVito catharsis thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach quotes: What head coach Bret Bielema said about Indiana​

“I think you see the potential Tommy DeVito has. Tommy is a very accurate passer, has a great understanding of how the game is flowing. Some of the things he did Saturday are actually negatives on the stat sheet. He got rid of the ball when he was in trouble rather than taking a sack. He did some things that he didn’t force the ball in to. One of the stats I was happy with was he was only on the ground one time, which was actually on the touchdown through because they ran the d-tackle in late so he wasn’t in their protection. I made a big issue to him and I said it in front of the team, I said, ‘Let’s keep our quarterback upright. That’s got to be a big deal and it will be a key factor in this week’s game.’ When we got Tommy I remember sitting in his basement with his dad and his mom and he had been sacked 86 times in his two years at Syracuse as the main player. Eighty-six times. He got hit once on Saturday. When you keep a quarterback on his feet, there are a lot of good things that can happen. I’m excited about that.

“I think you see the potential Tommy DeVito has. Tommy is a very accurate passer, has a great understanding of how the game is flowing. Some of the things he did Saturday are actually negatives on the stat sheet. He got rid of the ball when he was in trouble rather than taking a sack. He did some things that he didn’t force the ball in to. One of the stats I was happy with was he was only on the ground one time, which was actually on the touchdown through because they ran the d-tackle in late so he wasn’t in their protection. I made a big issue to him and I said it in front of the team, I said, ‘Let’s keep our quarterback upright. That’s got to be a big deal and it will be a key factor in this week’s game.’ When we got Tommy I remember sitting in his basement with his dad and his mom and he had been sacked 86 times in his two years at Syracuse as the main player. Eighty-six times. He got hit once on Saturday. When you keep a quarterback on his feet, there are a lot of good things that can happen. I’m excited about that.

I really wouldn’t mind seeing them in a bowl

WRONG. 81 over four years.

Screenshot_20220830-061858.png

Status
Not open for further replies.