The DeVito catharsis thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The DeVito catharsis thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has had all day protection and that ain't gonna carry through in Big Ten play. The dink and dunk just won't cut it.
He just is too conservative, doesn’t throw until his receiver is wide open. He is exactly who we thought he was I would say. He will end up with middle of the road stats but he seems to not make those big time winning plays

18/27 for 104 yards in the First Half. Currently at 3.9 yards per attempt. UConn was the team with the lowest yards per attempt in 2021 with 4.8.

Hasn’t really had to do much in this game, but hasn’t looked good when he’s been forced to pass in limited 3rd and long situations.

Still after all this time is not good when he is rolling out of the pocket. Just sucks I feel for the kid. You could easily see his camp win going away once competition stiffens. Illinois is solid on D and with a very good every down back.

I'm such a sucker, I bet Illinois giving 11.5 thinking he'd blow out Wyoming...I'm obviously not a good football talent scout, back into my cave

A few throws I wanted hell but then realized it’s Illinois lol

My last comment in this thread. He seems more relaxed than when on field for us. He will probably win a couple games for them against lower level Big Ten teams.

With that stated, the conservative play calling and dinks and dunks won't be there against the better teams. Wyoming is clearly a terrible team this year. If they had any semblance of an Offense, they'd be winning that game, or at the worst within a field goal.

8CA3CD91-5468-444D-9920-7856A34C71AB.jpeg

He just is too conservative, doesn’t throw until his receiver is wide open. He is exactly who we thought he was I would say. He will end up with middle of the road stats but he seems to not make those big time winning plays
Sums it up all here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors