The DeVito catharsis thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

The DeVito catharsis thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From everything from training camp, think everyone is going to feel much better about Shrader as their qb. He looks far better than he did last year
It would be hard to look worse.

Massive upgrade
Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

He doesn’t have any better receivers and like I said, he likely didn’t learn to throw the deep ball over the summer. Maybe he doesn’t have 3 straight games under 100 yards passing, but that is more a product of not playing terrible versus “showing out.”

I’d love to be wrong but he’s not a freshman getting his legs under him in the college game.
Not sure on what basis you can make these claims. Receivers will be better with another year under their belt. Why can’t Shrader have improved his deep ball? You seem to forget he had a year off from playing QB before last year. Some players do get better year to year.

I'm gonna make some money this year betting Illinois games

Tommy did exactly what he did here against our cupcake portion of our schedule . He made a couple nice plays but overall he was conservative and underwhelming. I expect him to do exactly what he did here when they step up to a more formidable opponent.

Last year, Tucker benefited from Shrader’s ability to run. Shrader certainly benefited from Tucker. TD never benefited from Tucker. Not appreciably anyway.

This year, if Shrader has improved his accuracy even a little, or if the new O coaches do a better job of getting guys open, or a combination of both, EVERYONE benefits.

I think why it may seem some people are “rooting” against Tommy is because if he goes to Illinois and has an amazing season it’s going to make a lot of us question, what the heck was going on here? Is it Dino Babers and co? It’ll also make a lot of us question if we made the right move with Shrader…

So I don’t think it’s that they are rooting against TD, I think it’s more…..don’t want to be wrong about him not being that great and that we are actually better off without him than with him

Status
Not open for further replies.