The Highways and Byways of Pennsylvania. You made me do it. | Syracusefan.com

The Highways and Byways of Pennsylvania. You made me do it.

State College and Syracuse are about the same distance from Brooklyn. State College may actually be a few miles closer.
Yep. That was my point.

Ahh - but the hellscape of driving through Pennsylvania should not be discounted
Especially considering that a decent chunk of the ride will be well off the Interstate grid. Lots of rocks and trees.

Edit: Even if the distance in miles is about the same...the actual clock hours in windshield time would be significantly longer to Ped State.

Especially considering that a decent chunk of the ride will be well off the Interstate grid. Lots of rocks and trees.

Edit: Even if the distance in miles is about the same...the actual clock hours in windshield time would be significantly longer to Ped State.
Well ya...You have the never ending Penn highway construction to deal with. Death, taxes and Pennsylvania highway construction.

I drove to Pittsburgh once. 7 hours of cows. At least at the end of the trip you get to go through the Fort Pitt Tunnel and find a cool, little city on the other side. Imagine 7 hours of cows and ending up in the Village Of The Damned, I mean Happy Valley. Awful.

Last edited:
State College and Syracuse are about the same distance from Brooklyn. State College may actually be a few miles closer.
You are on the money Lemoyne Cuse

According to Google maps the difference is 7 min. However, that does not take into consideration the god awful PennDot

As much as I'd like to pile on, lock haven and Williamsport are actually pretty nice little areas. They are a little out of the way on the trip to nyc, but williamsport especially is worth the visit. All the shale money fixed that place up and it is a cool little area.

It's been a 40 year construction project around Scranton.

We used to hit that driving from Liverpool to my aunt's house in Maryland every year when I was growing up. Last year, we did that drive for probably the first time in 30 years and still hit that Scranton construction. Unbelievable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom