The Last Dance | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

The Last Dance

I don’t get why Jordan said he would become more unlikable after this documentary.
He has come off more cool and relatable.
Also how Knicks fans feel about Jordan is how Celtics fans feel about LeBron but the Celtics atleast beat LeBron once in a playoff series.
The Knicks beat the Bulls without Jordan.
It's funny I despised mj more than any other players back in the 90s. Vowed never to buy anything Jordan. Now I find myself really liking the guy. I own like 5 pairs or Jordans and several pieces of Jordan clothes.

The best stuff is just the behind the scenes footage. It's unbelievable.
We saw more of the infamous Dream Team scrimmage last night than ever.
That stuff wasn’t included in the Dream Team documentary that much. They talked about Monte Carlo but not that scrimmage.

Bill Simmons wrote about it how Magic wasn’t ready to give the alpha of alphas Lord of the Flys kotch to Jordan but MJ took it.

It looked like Magic had Barkley, David Robinson, Chris Mullin, Clyde Drexler.
Jordan had Pippen, Ewing, Bird and Malone.

That stuff wasn’t included in the Dream Team documentary that much. They talked about Monte Carlo but not that scrimmage.

Bill Simmons wrote about it how Magic wasn’t ready to give the alpha of alphas Lord of the Flys kotch to Jordan but MJ took it.

I was wondering about this; where did that footage come from? the documentary team was supposed to be following the team around for that last dance season, right?

That footage was just fantastic.

That amazing thing about last nights ep, I went back and looked the mins played for Jordan in the conf finale and finals.

Around 41-43 mins (not counting 3 OT game)

Weird. The best player of all time took a rest for Trent Tucker and they still won.

Huh.

The director of this series says during this project he found out that the Dream Team committee wanted Joe Dumars for the last spot but Chuck Daly was the coach and he didn’t want to Dumars selected and Isiah snubbed so that when he had to go back and coach the Pistons in the fall of 1992 have to deal with that backlash on his own team that Dumars was selected over Isiah.

The reasoning was the one weakness was not having a defensive PG and Dumars would have filled that spot.
So they made the last spot a college kid.

Isiah wasn’t making the team because of a code red.

The director of this series says during this project he found out that the Dream Team committee wanted Joe Dumars for the last spot but Chuck Daly was the coach and he didn’t want to Dumars selected and Isiah snubbed so that when he had to go back and coach the Pistons in the fall of 1992 have to deal with that backlash on his own team that Dumars was selected over Isiah.

The reasoning was the one weakness was not having a defensive PG and Dumars would have filled that spot.
So they made the last spot a college kid.

Isiah wasn’t making the team because of a code red.

Stockton was not a defensive PG?

Stockton was not a defensive PG?
Stockton was second team all-NBA defensive team in that era.
Dumars was first team all-NBA defensive from 1988 to 1993.
Except in 1990 he was second team all-defense.

Stockton was good but Dumars was the best defensive guard other than Jordan in that time frame.
The only weakness that team had was PG defense since Stockton was hurt.

If you replaced Laettner with Isiah or the better fit of Dumars the ceiling of the team goes up even more. Which is pretty crazy to think as that time was the greatest time ever IMO.

Btw I do agree that if we're envisioning a universe when the Dream Team is going up against the best teams of all time, PG defense is a possible issue.

I love the idea of them seriously putting together the team and worrying about defense at the PG spot.
It’s kinda because if the team honestly faced a real team they could have played Drexler and Jordan together and Jordan could have handled the PG.

One of the reasons I think the 2012 team could have potentially been better than the 1992 is the PG depth on that team.

The 2008 team had Michael Redd, Tayshaun Prince and Carlos Boozer.
It wasn’t as star studded as the 2012 team.

Stockton was second team all-NBA defensive team in that era.
Dumars was first team all-NBA defensive from 1988 to 1993.
Except in 1990 he was second team all-defense.

Stockton was good but Dumars was the best defensive guard other than Jordan in that time frame.
The only weakness that team had was PG defense since Stockton was hurt.

If you replaced Laettner with Isiah or the better fit of Dumars the ceiling of the team goes up even more. Which is pretty crazy to think as that time was the greatest time ever IMO.

But your whole claim was "the reasoning was the one weakness was not having a defensive PG", and that is just not true.

It’s kinda because if the team honestly faced a real team they could have played Drexler and Jordan together and Jordan could have handled the PG.

One of the reasons I think the 2012 team could have potentially been better than the 1992 is the PG depth on that team.

The 2008 team had Michael Redd, Tayshaun Prince and Carlos Boozer.
It wasn’t as star studded as the 2012 team.
1588623313226.png

But your whole claim was "the reasoning was the one weakness was not having a defensive PG", and that is just not true.
It’s not my reasoning it’s what the director Jason Hehir said while doing this project.

He said he found out USA basketball wanted Dumars for defense and Daly didn’t want the mess of Dumars over Thomas.

im watching, but this is 1 big love letter from espn to jordan.

good lord...

did the brass at ESPN lose ESPN to jordan...and this is how theyre paying him back??

im watching, but this is 1 big love letter from espn to jordan.

good lord...

did the brass at ESPN lose ESPN to jordan...and this is how theyre paying him back??

It's the only way the thing would get made, for better or worse.

Worth the trade off, if you ask me. But i get your point

Too bad we didn't see footage from that thrilling Angola game. I really thought the angolans had a shot there.

Hodges didn’t like Jordan not being politically active while they were teammates.
I remember Hodges calling out George Bush when I was kid at the WH in the either 1991 or 1992. During the documentary we found out Jordan was playing golf with a hustler during that incident.

Hodges just wants some lime light he can go ahead and say whatever he wants.
Cocaine was a major problem in the NBA in the 1980s.
Len Bias’s death in 1986 finally got players attention to switch the drug of choice from cocaine to marijuana.

Jordan was speaking the truth and he didn’t name any specific players with the cocaine parties.
My guess would have the Iceman George Gervin as he was on that Bulls team. I have read books on Jordan’s career and Gervin didn’t like young Michael Jordan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom