The Last Dance | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

The Last Dance

The more of Last Dance that I watch the less likeable Scottie Pippen gets.
California Bill’s book outlined the exact scenario in this documentary on Pippen.
Pippen felt like he was owed the chance to show he was the guy after busting his ass all season long as the alpha of that team. He felt Phil Jackson didn’t appreciate that.

That story was nothing new. Pippen was underpaid, under appreciated and then he didn’t get his chance to show what he could do.
He dunked over Ewing etc. He had been shoped on the trade market to Seattle for Shawn Kemp.

Pippen is lucky social media wasn’t around then. That story wasn’t new.

Now you can tell this documentary is all about Michael Jordan when they completely ignored this and stressed the Pippen game 3 incident.

Outside of 2002 game 6 WCF this was the worst call in the playoffs. Pippen didn’t touch Davis.

But this whole thing was always about Jordan, if he wasnt on the team they werent following them around to film this stuff..

Now you can tell this documentary is all about Michael Jordan when they completely ignored this and stressed the Pippen game 3 incident.

Outside of 2002 game 6 WCF this was the worst call in the playoffs. Pippen didn’t touch Davis.
He swiped his left arm. I’ve seen the replay 1M times.

He swiped his left arm. I’ve seen the replay 1M times.
It was a terrible call. One of the worst calls in NBA history.
Hubert Davis, Hue Hollins have admitted it after the fact.

Not saying it was a good call - but he did touch him.

The NBA made up for it when they didn't call Olajuwon for a foul on Starks at the end of game 6 in the finals

Why? cause he sat out against the Knicks. That's been known for years.
I always held sitting out against the Knicks against him. Just the way he comes off in these interviews. The waiting to have surgery so it didn't ruin his summer. I get the underpaid aspect but he was told by several people not to sign that contract and he didnt listen.

Also Phil Jackson’s stock as a coach for the Bulls has gone up for me watching this.
He seemed like when he was the Lakers HC he was just mailing it as a coach and relying on the talent of his teams:
However when he coached the Bulls he really was a good coach.

Btw Kevin Harlan was on wfan today and said Pippen by far comes off the worst.

Hubie brown has never said a called foul wasn’t a foul

Anybody else find it hilarious that Craig Sager had the backstab question and Krause shut down the presser?

Michael Jordan reacting to Gary Payton is going to be the new crying meme.
39E947D3-9C55-40E6-B2D2-DCD9D576F79B.jpeg

Also Phil Jackson’s stock as a coach for the Bulls has gone up for me watching this.
He seemed like when he was the Lakers HC he was just mailing it as a coach and relying on the talent of his teams:
I don't think anyone ever doubted his coaching. His mail it in retirement job with the Knicks is another story.

Phil clearly did well handling all the personalities and the fame that came with the team. Credit to him on that. What they have *not* done, though, is go through how much of a pain he was.

He had a pretty big ego (not saying it wasn't deserved), brought some of his personal drama to the organization (not sure if they'll get into his wife/mistress stuff) and, while a "zen master", he was pretty disruptive with his leaking info.

I know I missed pages of posts, so if I am repeating anything already said; well, I don't care

1) I either forgot or had no idea (probably the latter) that the Jordan retirement broke during an ALCS game (that he was attending!)
2) The whole Pippen thing is interesting; I can see the idea he comes off poorly, but based on everything his teammates say, he was basically universally loved. Kind of an interesting dichotomy.
3) Duncan- Probably part of it is he was so quiet compared to Jordan. And also, he was obviously a lot less flashy. More of his value (relative to Jordan) came on defense, and even on defense, he wasn't just all about blocking shots or whatever; it's a lot harder to notice a guy rotating over and shutting off a drive before it starts than swatting a shot into the 5th row.
He did walk into a team in 99 with David Robinson, but then look at some of those later teams he won with. 2003, Robinson was 37 and a shell of his former self, and he was 6th on the team in minutes. Parker and Manu weren't the guys they would become. Duncan really held it together; in the 03 playoffs he averaged 25-15-5-3; really an underrated playoff run. One of the all time best. There are a lot of contenders for best player in the period from Jordans retirement (98) to Lebron's ascension (08 or 09) but I think Duncan is probably the pick for me.

California Bill makes it appear like he did the research on these MJ stories from his book.
He got tipped off to the videos which no one else did.
Simmons has become lazy and thinks he is smarter than everyone.

I agree with your last sentence. His podcasts have become so popular that he really doesn't care anymore. A lot of what he says is inaccurate especially when it comes to the smaller markets in the NBA as well as the NFL on a smaller scale. It happens to a lot of the guys who become super successful. He had a podcast a year or so ago where he said some things about Gayle Benson the owner of the Pelicans that weren't even remotely correct, he also kept referring to her as "the widow" not by name which was pretty disrespectful. he already had them moving to Seattle while Gayle said countless times she was committed to keeping them in New Orleans as long as she was around. Once she hired Grif and they got Zion these things have changed a bit with regard to her perception. The pelicans will never be the Saints in New Orleans but Gayle Benson has done OK since the day AD decided he wanted to be traded. She's also done a ton of good in New Orleans since Tom Benson passed away.

Because Duncan did that weird bug eye thing to the refs and also wore ridiculously huge shirts.

tim-duncan-outfits-12.jpg

I do agree though that Duncan doesn't get the credit he should for how much winning he did.

Ha! That picture just screams “2004”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom