The Last Dance | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Last Dance

It's pretty good kind of in line with the other 30 for 30s. Because we have had no sports in over a month this has been hyped up through the roof.

I think that's a big part of it.

So far, the biggest revelation (to me, at least) was that Pippen purposely waited until the season started to have surgery on his foot. Definitely not a good look for Pippen.

Jordan was insanely competitive - common knowledge

Krause was hated by Jordan, Pippen and Jackson - common knowledge

Oakley was a meathead bully - common knowledge

MJ - not a load management guy.

I remember the near Scottie Pippen-Shawn Kemp trade in the summer but Pippen demanding a trade during the season is only vaguely familiar to me. I had definitely forgotten that.

MJ - not a load management guy.

I remember the near Scottie Pippen-Shawn Kemp trade in the summer but Pippen demanding a trade during the season is only vaguely familiar to me. I had definitely forgotten that.
I'd imagine if anyone told mj to take a game off and rest that person better gave good health insurance. I miss the 90s.

I think that's a big part of it.

So far, the biggest revelation (to me, at least) was that Pippen purposely waited until the season started to have surgery on his foot. Definitely not a good look for Pippen.

Jordan was insanely competitive - common knowledge

Krause was hated by Jordan, Pippen and Jackson - common knowledge

Oakley was a meathead bully - common knowledge
I knew Krause was a clown he comes off looking even worse than that.

I knew Krause was a clown he comes off looking even worse than that.

I thought it was BS how Krause told the reporter "player and coaches don't win championships alone, organizations do too." And the reporter took out the word alone to make it look like he said it was only organizations. It seems like that single misquote did a huge amount of damage.

I could've watched all ten straight through...

Yeah, agreed. Those 2 hours flew by for me.

One positive of this whole thing...I used to hate that Sunday night feeling of the weekend being gone and having to get up early a start a long work week the next morning. That’s completely gone now, and with this on TV I’m looking forward to Sunday nights now.

It was pretty funny to see Barack (never knew how much I’d miss him) and Slick Willy interviewed for the doc and referred to as “Former Chicago Resident” and “Former Arkansas Governor”, respectively

The times I laughed outloud were...
-"Former Chicago resident" Obama
-MJ cracking up over the "traveling cocaine circus" or whatever it was called
-Asking Pippens childhood friend if he thought he was going to make the NBA and he said "no way"
-And when the Sonics drafted "Scott Pippen"

MJ may or may not have done the booger sugar, but there's no doubt in my mind he's an alcoholic. His mother looks better than he does.

He more than made up for it on the downside of his career and actually ended up with higher career earnings than Jordan.

Wow you're right. I didn't realize that. Pippen basically made as much in 2003 in Portland ($20 million) as he did his entire career in Chicago.

My favorite parts that made me laugh:
1) MJ constantly having a drink at his side w/ cigar during interviews.
2) MJ refusing to now, or ever, wear jeans that are even remotely snug.
3) Traveling Cocaine Circus
4) As mentioned, the bottom thirds for Obama and Clinton. May as well have said "Barack O: Chicago Sports Fan"

Most interesting:
1) Realizing just how much MJ had to carry with that team in '86 in the playoffs. That 1986 Cs team is arguably the best team ever assembled.
2) I actually had read about MJ demanding to play/playing at UNC while rehabbing in a biography of his, but to hear him talk about it - it's just such a startling departure from today (not saying one is right or wrong).
3) Krause announcing before the season that Phil wouldn't be coming back. Whether you think Krause deserved everything he got thrown at him, his bedside manner/PR-savvy was zero.

One thing I hope and am sure they will get to is how much of an ego Phil was to deal with. He got into some issues with his wife/mistress and had to live in a hotel and just had a lot of stuff going on. He wasn't exactly just the "zen master".

I honestly hope they do another 10 episodes after this.

Krause is an idiot. The East was terrible in 99. The Knicks made the Finals as an 8 seed and lost to the Spurs in 5. If they kept that team together I would have to think that series would have a least been a tossup with an aging Jordan/Pippen.

Last edited:
Kraus is an idiot. The East was terrible in 99. The Knicks made the Finals as an 8 seed and lost to the Spurs in 5. If they kept that team together I would have to think that series would have a least been a tossup with an aging Jordan/Pippen.
I don't disagree but keep in mind that was a strike shortened season. That knicks team was really good. Had it been a full season they would have been been alot better than an 8 seed.

The times I laughed outloud were...
-"Former Chicago resident" Obama
-MJ cracking up over the "traveling cocaine circus" or whatever it was called
-Asking Pippens childhood friend if he thought he was going to make the NBA and he said "no way"
-And when the Sonics drafted "Scott Pippen"

"Former Chicago resident" was pretty hilarious. They also went with "former governor of Arkansas" for Clinton when talking about Pippen in college.

I 100% didn't remember Pippen demanding a trade. (I was 13, sue me)

Agree. Krause came off looking the worst by far. How Pippen handled his injury with waiting to have surgery wasn't the best look, but in general I think Scottie is ok and was likable in his interview segments.

I agree, and I am sure Krause is hurt here because he's not around to be interviewed. So you're only going to see it from the side of the guys who hated him.

One question I had when watching this was: Why didn't they just fire Krause?? I understand, despite what Jordan and Pippen may have thought, the guy did make some really good moves and was a part of them winning the titles, but the two best players on the team and the coach of the team all seemed to not like the guy, and the Krause was openly trying to run Jackson out of town. Why was Krause so untouchable here?

Another thing: Pretty incredible they had all this behind the scenes footage just sitting in a vault for nearly 20 years.

I don't disagree but keep in mind that was a strike shortened season. That knicks team was really good. Had it been a full season they would have been been alot better than an 8 seed.

I'm aware. They couldn't score. They averaged 86ppg and had a point differential of exactly 1.0. That was the beginning of the era where the east was terrible until Boston and Lebron ended up in Miami.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom