The LEGEND of Garret Shrader begins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The LEGEND of Garret Shrader begins

Shrader, Tucker and the D will make this team must see tv for the next 2 seasons. I don’t understand the play calling… the second 2.5 quarters or so seemed like a completely different offense than the first 1.5 quarters. What gives?

Not to kick the departed but Tommy would have been in Intensive Care after the sack as well.

When a guy is the size of Larry Czonka, he has the guts to stand in there and make the throw. Incredible game for the bearded man.
And along those same lines, VPI's QB was clearly hurt and was making plays.

Ordering Killabrew wings to go with a Mangia Macrina’s wood oven pie with exotic toppings (buffalo milk cheese, etc.) from across the parking lot is a Mohawk Valley cheat code. You’ve even got Seneca Liquors right there to complete the trifecta oasis of gluttony.
Haha, nice! I used to go to Macrina’s food truck back before they even had a store. Now I think they’ve got multiple locations. Good pizza and ready in a matter of minutes! Can’t beat it.

Methinks Dungey never Sharded himself
He wet himself once in HS.

6BE5558B-8F9E-43C5-A8F7-FE079DB06812.gif

Said it before, and I’ll say it again. Syracuse University’s best way, if not only way it can win (at least consistently) is with a legit dual threat QB. It’s no coincidence that we have been good to very good when having one. From McPherson, Graves, McNabb, Dungey and potentially now with Schrader.

Considering where we have typically fallen on the national recruiting front, along with consistently landing towards the very bottom of the ACC, it really is a no brainer IMO.

Great win today! Go Orange!

Said it before, and I’ll say it again. Syracuse University’s best way, if not only way it can win (at least consistently) is with a legit dual threat QB. It’s no coincidence that we have been good to very good when having one. From McPherson, Graves, McNabb, Dungey and potentially now with Schrader.

Considering where we have typically fallen on the national recruiting front, along with consistently landing towards the very bottom of the ACC, it really is a no brainer IMO.

I'll allow the "potentially'' word to slide today, but when we finish 7-5 ya gotta nuke it! :) :cool:

Shrader, Tucker and the D will make this team must see tv for the next 2 seasons. I don’t understand the play calling… the second 2.5 quarters or so seemed like a completely different offense than the first 1.5 quarters. What gives?
I'm not sure why this is misunderstood every week. When the defense starts focusing more on Tucker we have to do other things to make them back off. They never really backed off, which is why Tucker had less room to run after his initial success. We need to keep improving with the passing game to make teams pay for focusing on him.

Agreed, we are getting back to SU football. This is who we are.

Really impressive game today in pretty much everything. Running, pocket presence, throwing (“impressive” being solid throwing compared to previous games), and just overall decision making.

You can’t quantify just having “it”. I said it last year, some QB’s are just winners and TD just isn’t. Got a lot of heat for that, you can probably guess who didn’t like that. I said this year, GS is just a winner. Some guys win games, it doesn’t matter how it looks (today it looked great). Same thing in business. Some people just get crap done and you have no idea how it all falls together for them all the time. But it does and GS just has it.

Every game moving forward is winnable b/c he’s the QB.

This guy generally does a good job with the TIAAM blog, but I think it's time to take a break from the football takes

Idiot. Ask Louisville how that worked with Lamar, or Baylor with RG3, or even UM a few years back with Denard Robinson.

If you have a weapon back there you don’t lock him down in the pocket and suddenly hope he turns into Tom Brady.

Yup. We even had decent-good seasons with RJ Anderson and Terrell Hunt - who were average college QB’s at best, but who could effectively move the chains with their legs and punch it into the end zone. For a program who rarely has an NFL caliber Olinemen or game breaking WR or RB, we need that added dimension to score points.

This guy generally does a good job with the TIAAM blog, but I think it's time to take a break from the football takes

I don't think Tucker has 1,000+ yards without Shrader's presence in the pocket, his legs give the defense something else to account for.

If SU wants to be top 25 good again, I think they will need Shrader to become a better passer but we're only concerned about having a winning season for now. He's only a Sophomore and has shown he can hit some throws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom