The LEGEND of Garret Shrader begins | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The LEGEND of Garret Shrader begins

The thing I like about Shreader is when he makes a bad throw... its so terrible that you don't have to worry about it being intercepted he throws that into the stands.

Im just kidding I love you GS kids a total gamer and a blast to watch!

Both Turner and Shrader can make people miss ,a quality all great runners have. In the past we had backs that I called tackle magnets. I think in the next games we need to throw more since the QB and WR’s are improving ,obviously teams should be scheming to stop the run. I of course mean Tucker ,I am older than Joe Biden.

Last edited:
I don't think Tucker has 1,000+ yards without Shrader's presence in the pocket, his legs give the defense something else to account for.

If SU wants to be top 25 good again, I think they will need Shrader to become a better passer but we're only concerned about having a winning season for now. He's only a Sophomore and has shown he can hit some throws.
One of the things GS does that jumps out at me is his selling the ball fake and hiding the ball on misdirection stuff.

To me GS has a killer mentality at QB. Players feed off of him. He’s like flutie was in the pre heisman years. There is something special here it’s a question if he can put it all together for the really special season

I saw it w Donovan when he got cooking the team stepped it up. Graves, Don Mac where leaders where guys went with them. I think shrader has that.

Yeah he's pretty good at selling it. TD drove me crazy with his lack of effort in selling the fake.
It was like TD never bought into that in his QB training, you knew when and where he was handing it at the snap. Good QBs pay attention to this, you only need to make the LBs etc. pause for a second. When I first started watching football it was Turner Gill and Jamel Holloway that made me really start noticing how big selling the fake was.

Last edited:
To me GS has a killer mentality at QB. Players feed off of him. He’s like flutie was in the pre heisman years. There is something special here it’s a question if he can put it all together for the really special season

I saw it w Donovan when he got cooking the team stepped it up. Graves, Don Mac where leaders where guys went with them. I think shrader has that.
Team took on the personality of those QBs. GS has that tough ass lunch pail mentality, no smiling giddy stuff till the job is done. How can you not go hard like that when your QB does? Same thing with ED, you gonna role with QBs like them. When GS got up after the hit, walked over, jumped and chest bumped the coach, that was that "yeah... the job was done!" energy!! Loved that!

Also, someone posted that picture with Sean/GS and the O-line, one of the best images I seen out of everything yesterday!

Give me this all day!!

It was like TD never bought into that in his QB training, you knew when and where he was handing it at the snap. Good QBs pay attention to this, you only need to make the LBs etc. pause for a second. When I first started watching football it was Turner Gill and Jamel Holloway that made me really start noticing how big selling the fake was.

Trevor Lawrence was pretty good at it too.

One of the things GS does that jumps out at me is his selling the ball fake and hiding the ball on misdirection stuff.
I officiated high school football a while back. Had a JV game at Bishop Grimes and was warned that their quarterback was proficient at hiding the ball on handoffs. The warning did no good. We blew at least 2 long gainers dead because we thought the ball carrier was down. I've always wondered since then if a JV kid can be this good why do they not stress this at the college level?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom