The Most Underrated Team in my Recent Memory | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Most Underrated Team in my Recent Memory

If the only two options are to try and be objective or to just always assume the best no matter what and call people haters when they disagree, then I'm happy taking the first option.
You're not objective. You're in the other direction.
But don't waste your breath. I won't. Just easier to ignore people who think their actually fans when they really just need a nap.

Enjoy thinking we will not make the final four and all your love of the team.
Stop being a crank. Makes life more enjoyable!
:rolling:

ohhh dayyyum moqui just got reverse tee'd!!!!
Don't worry. Not wasting my time on negative folk.
Tired of it. Will suddenly switch sides when the time is right, and a real man can look in the mirror and admit he was wrong.

Unfortunately, we seem to be a little short on that. ;)

You're not objective. You're in the other direction.
But don't waste your breath. I won't. Just easier to ignore people who think their actually fans when they really just need a nap.

Enjoy thinking we will not make the final four and all your love of the team.
Stop being a crank. Makes life more enjoyable!
:rolling:

What did I say so far that wasn't objective? When did I say we won't make the final four?

Jay Bilas is as biased toward the CUSE as you can be without openly cheering for them like Sean McDonough does.

Not a complaint...just stating a fact.

Jon Rothstein@JonRothstein 18m Have talked to several ACC coaches who feel Syracuse will wind up winning the league. Orange have young guards, but are LOADED up front, led by 7-2 wunderkind Jerami Grant
;)
I though Grant was 7' 4"

First of all, it's not you, meaning just me. One of those threads was started by another person, directed specifically at Bilas and I am not the only one who mentions this. But yeah, after beating Louisville, then ranked #1 does not deserve a LOWER ranking than the week prior considering we won every game that week and dethroned the #1 team in the country.

Do you really think we deserved a lower ranking after that?
WOW!
View attachment 4230

that makes him incorrect in the instance

I don't think you can make a plausible argument that Boeheim/Syracuse pimping Jay Bilas is actually biased against Syracuse

Tired of it. Will suddenly switch sides when the time is right, and a real man can look in the mirror and admit he was wrong.

Openly and honestly discussing opinions about the team is not negativity.

To me, the insistence that everyone drink the same amount of "all in" kool aid is far more irritating than a dozen igors or BCs posting daily would be.

Tee, it's a good thing you're not a Cubs fan.
Ah, but at least I'd be a fan.
How about you? Does this cover you?
"A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something, such as a band, a sports team or entertainer. Collectively, fans of a particular thing or person constitute its fanbase or fandom. They may show their enthusiasm by being members of a fan club, holding fan conventions, creating fanzines, writing fan mail, or by promoting the object of their interest and attention."
:rolleyes:

If the only two options are to try and be objective or to just always assume the best no matter what and call people haters when they disagree, then I'm happy taking the first option.
You're happy?
Sure you are!

Mike G. is coach K's gift of reciprocity for Jimmy B helping out with the Olympic squad as K's assistant defensive expert. I agree that Jimmy doesn't bother with a transfer unless they are tailor made to make a significant impact when they come in to play. History bears this out. The fierce battling for playing time on this team is going to provide dividends and never before in Syracuse Basketball history have we had a team with so much talent across the board from top to bottom. The only position which we arguably don't have great depth is at point and I am of the belief that has been overstated ad-nausea and essentially provides the chicken littles with something to squawk about and won't be as much of a factor as some are making it out to be.

Jimmy has a lot to work with this season and although it's possible we will see some blips along the way and perhaps a few losses early on that will bring the haters out in full regalia, I think as the season moves toward March/April this is going to be a really scary team for ANYONE to play. I have a hard time imagining Jimmy not putting one of the best incarnations of Syracuse Basketball together as he nears the twilight of his coaching career. Just watch! you'll see!

You're happy?
Sure you are!
We can multi task, be objective and know this team will be great! Just like 2 years ago when I predicted 29-2 and people told me I was crazy, or last summer when I said MCW would be gone in 1 year, or when I said a Sleeping Giant was awoken (and it was). I don't know if that's kool aid or just knowing my shi$. Well we can drink the kool aid together!

Ah, but at least I'd be a fan.
How about you? Does this cover you?
"A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something, such as a band, a sports team or entertainer. Collectively, fans of a particular thing or person constitute its fanbase or fandom. They may show their enthusiasm by being members of a fan club, holding fan conventions, creating fanzines, writing fan mail, or by promoting the object of their interest and attention."
:rolleyes:

Did you not get the invite to my recent Orange-A-Palooza fan festival? I put out flyers and notifications in my personal online magazine "Squeeze This Juice". After sending personalized Christmas cards to players of yesteryear, Erik Rogers has agreed to donate (ultra rare) game worn paraphernalia to members of my Citrus Sinensis ("Sweet Orange") fan club.

You're happy?
Sure you are!

Where are the posts in this thread that make you think I am ridiculously negative about the team? I think they're going to be really good this year. I already said that.

My problem is when people get called out for being positive as "kool aid drinkers". Last I checked this was a fan site! There's nothing wrong with being positive and being objective at the same time. It's not like we are arguing if this is a tourney team, it seems more about how good or great they will be.

My problem is when people get called out for being positive as "kool aid drinkers". Last I checked this was a fan site! There's nothing wrong with being positive and being objective at the same time. It's not like we are arguing if this is a tourney team, it seems more about how good or great they will be.

I agree with that, but there are people in this thread who think we're going to be really good next year, but have some question marks, and are being called fair weather fans and chastised for "doubting" the team.

"Now, it's just funny. But please, jump right back on the train whenever you feel the timing is right.
How do you think the team, if they read some of this, would feel about all of the doubt from their own fan base? "

There are definitely some people on this board who are over the top negative, just like there are some who are over the top positive. But I don't think any of the over the top negative people are posting in this thread.

Speaking of Bilas, did you know Boeheim recruited him?

:eek:

Next you're going to say somehow Howard and Brandon Triche are related!

of course there is nothing wrong with being positive . . . I don't use the Kool Aid term for those simply being positive, but rather for those who insist that we must all have the same level of certitude, otherwise there is something lacking in us.

of course there is nothing wrong with being positive . . . I don't use the Kool Aid term for those simply being positive, but rather for those who insist that we must all have the same level of certitude, otherwise there is something lacking in us.
Sorry I wasn't trying to call you out, just the term that people use.

Rautins vs Fair comparisons??!??!??

Stop. Seriously though, what?

Not even close to a comparison. Fair does so much more. This isn't a knock on Andy at all, but to compare them at all is, IMO, well...dumb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom