The next 5 teams we play all stink | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The next 5 teams we play all stink

We should also consider the schedule is getting more jam packed, with only 2-3 days between some games. There is a risk of the team getting fatigued, and laying an egg once or twice.

We should also consider the schedule is getting more jam packed, with only 2-3 days between some games. There is a risk of the team getting fatigued, and laying an egg once or twice.

Especially because we have so many guys who have to play basically the whole game no matter what. Good point.

You said the loss alone would be a fireable offense.
I should’ve said that loss coming on the heels of those 7 years. Here is where you say “moving goalposts yada yada”

I’ll take an egg over a turd.

I should’ve said that loss coming on the heels of those 7 years. Here is where you say “moving goalposts yada yada”

I don’t need to say goalposts. You admitted it.

No, no, no.

That is not what the coach says. After all, these are young guys; there are lots of time outs; and the coach has all the players he needs.

Then again all coaches say things.

I feel good about Saturday. Virginia Tech will do something dumb like put Hunter Catoor on Buddy and they have nobody who can guard Jesse.

Is OrangeDW the anti-Cuseball?

Well it’s certainly not hard to predict that we would win 4 of these 5. Game on Saturday is the pivotal one. Need Jesse to have a big game as that gets the whole offense flowing.

Cuse

VT on the road will be tough. We will be a decided underdog. Have to play better than tonight.
According to ESPN, we only have 17% of chance to win at VA Tech.

Last edited:
This VT game is close to a much win if they have any shot...

If Cole continues to play well and Buddy and Jesse bounce back, I think we will be fine.

The way the offense has been rolling for a few games was unsustainable. Thankfully, the "off" night was against BC. When Buddy is off, he tries to shoot himself out of it, as most shooters do. When his shot isn't dropping, I wish he would realize how he draws extra defenders and use that to help free up the other guys that are on fire, like Cole.

Looks like we’ll end the regular season 16-15, 10-10. Hope for better, but that’s what I see. Then just win a game in the ACC tourney to preserve the streak.
So what you're saying is you expect us to:

Lose @ VT, @ ND, vs. Duke, @ UNC
Win vs. BC, vs. GT, vs. Miami

Maybe flip @ UNC for vs. Miami, but 1-1 split on those.

That's probably realistic.

Looking at the losses, here's what I see as odds:

@ VT - 40-60 - Though KenPom thinks we are 29% to win, I think it's closer to 40% and maybe 45%. They've beaten exactly one team better than SU according to KenPom - vs. ND. Close to a coin flip.

@ ND - 40-60 - I think this is probably a tougher game than VT, but I think we matchup a bit better with them. At least historically we have. Looking at results, they're on a good run - also beat Kentucky. I think they're closer to in than out, regardless of what the pundits think.

vs. Duke - 20-80 - Not a good matchup, but home court and a raucous atmosphere could turn the tide. Likeliest of losses.

@ UNC - 30-70 - We will need to shoot extremely well, but UNC's defense isn't very good. Ours is much worse, but they are ranked 242nd in 3-pt. FG% defense. We are a 7-9 point underdog, but not impossible.

If we can get 2 of the 4 in question without Duke, that'd put us at 18-13 overall, 12-8 in league. No signature wins, but some pretty good mid-tier wins against like schools.

With a Duke win - same record, and a signature win. Playing much better at the end of the year. I would say that's enough to be on the bubble.

Long way of saying, we have a chance but it's still not great, even if we win the games we should and even win a couple on the road that we'll be underdogs for. Need some help too.

If we somehow go 6-1 down the stretch with the one loss being Duke, we're at 19-12, 13-7 in ACC, and I do believe that would be enough to be on the bubble too. Need some help there also, and likely still 2 ACCT wins.

I think Saturdays game is a 50/50 game. Virginia Tech has lost to Wake, NC State and Miami at home. They’ve also lost at BC. Like us they aren’t good defensively. Edwards has a huge matchup advantage. He needs to stay out of foul trouble.

If Jesse does nothing but be tough on defense without fouling out, that's about all we would need from him. 8-10 pts. would be nice, but the defense is more important.

Looks like we’ll end the regular season 16-15, 10-10. Hope for better, but that’s what I see. Then just win a game in the ACC tourney to preserve the streak.
Jake you think at 16-16 (if we lost first game in ACCT) does that get us into the NIT?

If the VT game is reasonably fairly officiated, Cuse will get the win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom