The NIL ERA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The NIL ERA

I’d be interested to know how the finances are being kept as these students can’t hide that type of money. If the NCAA cared to they could subpoena IRS tax returns I would imagine.

And if these players aren’t claiming it, well I don’t even want to go there as that’s scary.

"Those rumors weren't really reality," he told ESPN. He added: "Pitt's coach ended up putting that out there. I don't know what that was about. You have to enter the transfer portal to talk to these schools and hear these offers. For me, I think college football is going to turn into a mess. They're going to have to do something. There was nothing to me or my family directly offered from any of these other schools. Nothing was said or offered to the Mayes."

Maye could be lying, who knows

it does make you wonder why people havent done this with pro teams all along.. guys are signing 10-15 mill deals and 5 million is a big deal to them too.

I’d be interested to know how the finances are being kept as these students can’t hide that type of money. If the NCAA cared to they could subpoena IRS tax returns I would imagine.

And if these players aren’t claiming it, well I don’t even want to go there as that’s scary.
IRS be like

fetchimage

it does make you wonder why people havent done this with pro teams all along.. guys are signing 10-15 mill deals and 5 million is a big deal to them too.
More control in the NFL, collective bargaining, also you are talking about 30 teams vs 100

I have largely reserved my thoughts on this, but I feel like I need to add perspective as far as the players go, even though it’s limited.

In coaching many young men that are from urban areas, especially NYC, and all walks of life really, I find it impossible to pass judgement on their decision to leave Syracuse or any school regardless of my allegiances.

The backgrounds and experiences of many of these players is something a lot of people can’t fathom. I certainly couldn’t until I experienced it through their eyes.

A scholarship alone, even though great, does nothing to improve their oftentimes horrendous financial and living situations. If their god given ability has EARNED them an opportunity to improve those situations even one iota, God Bless.

The pressures they face, as well as their own desires to improve their situations is as powerful as any motivator that exists.

The system is what it is, the NIL ERA is what it is. And for some, it’s a wonderful thing. For some, it’s a terrible decision, but that’s a risk that’s worth taking for someone in dire circumstances.

Until there are checks and balances in place, like a cap, it will be wild. But that’s not the players fault, and they’re doing what 98% of people would do by trying to improve their situation.

And I wholeheartedly wish them well in that endeavor.
i do not fault the players at all. what they are doing is just a reflection of what most of our society does to get ahead. i do object to to the phrase " it is what it is". it is what it has been CREATED to be, w/o , as you so aptly stated checks and balances. i am out on d1. will enjoy the patriot, ivy leagues and others.
'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom