The Office - Rewatching on Netflix | Syracusefan.com

The Office - Rewatching on Netflix

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Has anyone else gone back to re-watch the Office with the whole series on Netflix?

Wife and I just started from season 2 on (only a handful of episodes in season 1 so I decided to skip it). We have already gone through about 8 episodes in 2 nights and re-lived some classic moments. Unfortunately/Fortunately we don't watch a lot of scripted TV so I didn't really learn about the office until it first hit syndication in like year 3 or 4 and the wife and I didn't get into it until about 2010 or 2011. Ended up buying seasons 1-6 or something like that on DVD but I didn't want to binge watch all at once so we only watched it sporadically while still watching re-runs and the occasional live episode and we never watched all the seasons. Caught a few of the newer episodes over the last season or two but we were so far behind it was difficult to fully get the show as we had obviously missed key moments and characters. Planning on watching the entire series now but have heard after season 5 things get a bit rough. Speaking of syndication always found it odd that the office was on like 3 channels in syndication while it was still going but once the show was finally cancelled seems to have completely disappeared off of TV.

Curious if anyone else has gone back to re-watch the show and their favorite moments. Watched the episode last night where Jim puts all of Dwights stuff in the vending machine, classic.

Last edited:
Has anyone else gone back to re-watch the Office with the whole series on Netflix?

Wife and I just started from season 2 on (only a handful of episodes in season 1 so I decided to skip it). We have already gone through about 8 episodes in 2 nights and re-lived some classic moments. Unfortunately/Fortunately we don't watch a lot of scripted TV so I didn't really learn about the office until it first hit syndication in like year 3 or 4 and the wife and I didn't get into it until about 2010 or 2011. Ended up buying seasons 1-6 or something like that on DVD but I didn't want to binge watch all at once so we only watched it sporadically while still watching re-runs and the occasional live episode and we never watched all the seasons. Caught a few of the newer episodes over the last season or two but we were so far behind it was difficult to fully get the show as we had obviously missed key moments and characters. Planning on watching the entire series now but have heard after season 5 things get a bit rough. Speaking of syndication always found it odd that the office was on like 3 channels in syndication while it was still going but once the show was finally cancelled seems to have completely disappeared off of TV.

Curious if anyone else has gone back to re-watch the show and their favorite moments. Watched the episode last night where Jim puts all of Dwights stuff in the vending machine, classic.
I've been through the show five or six times. My daughter likes it too so it's the default thing to put on when we are all home.

I've been through the show five or six times. My daughter likes it too so it's the default thing to put on when we are all home.

We had friends of ours who never watched the show while it was on get into it over the past few months and they are now big fans as well. Its one of those shows that I think could hold up a long time as most of the plot/story lines translate just as well now as they did in 05, 06, 07. Very little of the show was topical or periodic to the time so an episode that is a decade old at this point still seems fresh. That said I did notice the old school flip phones in the episodes from season 2 and had a little chuckle to myself.

i've only seen the british version. very funny. sounds like a great binge watch if you got time.

I'll watch the first 4 seasons anytime. Just excellent, hilarious television. Had trouble getting into it after that.

Same here, but I toss Friends on there as well.

I've seen all three, start to finish, probably at least 15 times. Sometimes I'll throw on a random episode, other times I hit episode one, and enjoy the ride

I've started catching more Friends reruns recently on the weekends. I forgot how funny that show was.

A few months ago, I rewatched the entire series from the beginning until Jim/Pam got married. Probably my favorite comedy of all-time.

The show became unwatchable (in my opinion) in the later seasons.

I've started catching more Friends reruns recently on the weekends. I forgot how funny that show was.

I don't think there's a tv show that makes me laugh out loud as much as Friends.

My girlfriend can't stand The Office. I don't understand it. Pretty sure she likes parks and rec tho, loves friends. idk..

I don't think there's a tv show that makes me laugh out loud as much as Friends.

My girlfriend can't stand The Office. I don't understand it. Pretty sure she likes parks and rec tho, loves friends. idk..
People who don't like The Office are always so visceral about it. Like yo, chill, fine, you don't have to like it.

Its the opposite for me, ive never laughed as much at any other sitcom as I do with the office. I am not a big sitcom fan but I definitely regret not getting into the office in the early years would have beem great to have seen the show develop over the first 4-5 seasons.

I loved Friends in the nineties. I'm not sure why, but when I watch it now, I don't feel like it holds up as well as other good nineties sitcoms (e.g., Seinfeld, Frasier).

Probably seen each episode of the office 8+ times. My ex on our first date busted out with a quite, found out we were both incredible Office nerds and it was probably the best part of the relationship. We bought the board game and would end up just taking the cards keeping score playing trivia. We didn't miss many questions and we were always only a couple of points off by the time we got to the end. Best show ever.

I loved Friends in the nineties. I'm not sure why, but when I watch it now, I don't feel like it holds up as well as other good nineties sitcoms (e.g., Seinfeld, Frasier).

Never liked friends but my wife watches it every now and then and I have to agree with you when she has it on the show just feels old and gives off that early 90's vibe as odd as that sounds.

Probably seen each episode of the office 8+ times. My ex on our first date busted out with a quite, found out we were both incredible Office nerds and it was probably the best part of the relationship. We bought the board game and would end up just taking the cards keeping score playing trivia. We didn't miss many questions and we were always only a couple of points off by the time we got to the end. Best show ever.

Agreed it really is a great show. Just started watching again a few nights ago and I have already gone through the 20 episodes of season 2 and am into season 3. Being able to binge watch it now is great but the cliffhanger from season 2 to 3 with Jim and Pam must have been a good one when it actually happened.

Wife and I really got into it around 2011 or so and I wish we had gotten caught up on the series and been able to watch the last few seasons as they played out. Only downside to going through the series is wishing the series was still active.

A few months ago, I rewatched the entire series from the beginning until Jim/Pam got married. Probably my favorite comedy of all-time.

The show became unwatchable (in my opinion) in the later seasons.

When the wife and I got into the series most of the episodes we watched were syndication ones and most of those were pre Jim and Pam wedding or at least pre Steve Carrell leaving the show. The new episodes at that time were I think post Steve Carrell and we didn't really watch them because the show was so different I figured we had to catch up but we never did. The few we did see in the later years did appear to be missing that spark/edge that show had in the few first years. I wrapped up season 2 last night and got a few episodes into season 3 and there is just so many funny moments. Watched the episode where Michael reads the grievances and my face hurt from laughing so hard at the complaints Dwight had about Jim. Like you this is my favorite comedy.

i've only seen the british version. very funny. sounds like a great binge watch if you got time.

Highly recommend it, the first season might start a little slow but stick with it season 2-5 are fantastic and hold up incredibly well despite season 2 being over a decade old at this point.

The Office and Parks and Rec are my two go to shows when I'm half paying attention.

Only season a few episodes of parks and rec but it seemed like a half decent show. Agree about the office though whenever I thrown on an episode I find myself up to 1am because I can't stop watching. Really enjoying going back from the beginning and getting a fresh look at the show and seeing some of episodes for only the second time if not the first.

When the wife and I got into the series most of the episodes we watched were syndication ones and most of those were pre Jim and Pam wedding or at least pre Steve Carrell leaving the show. The new episodes at that time were I think post Steve Carrell and we didn't really watch them because the show was so different I figured we had to catch up but we never did. The few we did see in the later years did appear to be missing that spark/edge that show had in the few first years. I wrapped up season 2 last night and got a few episodes into season 3 and there is just so many funny moments. Watched the episode where Michael reads the grievances and my face hurt from laughing so hard at the complaints Dwight had about Jim. Like you this is my favorite comedy.

This is my wife and my favorite scene ever. When we're having an argument about something, one of us will go "my middle name is Kurt, not Fart!" and then we'll both start cracking up.

This is my wife and my favorite scene ever. When we're having an argument about something, one of us will go "my middle name is Kurt, not Fart!" and then we'll both start cracking up.

Awesome episode. When Michael was reading the grievances from Dwight later in the episode and he said " one day the entire office called me Dwayne for the day and I think Jim paid them" I laughed as hard as I have in a long time. One of the best Office episodes.

One of my favorite little jokes was when Michael made everybody wear a card with a different "race" on it and in the cutaway interview mentioned how he didn't make a card for Muslim because it was "too explosive." I remember losing it when I first saw that one.

Only season a few episodes of parks and rec but it seemed like a half decent show. Agree about the office though whenever I thrown on an episode I find myself up to 1am because I can't stop watching. Really enjoying going back from the beginning and getting a fresh look at the show and seeing some of episodes for only the second time if not the first.
Parks and Rec's improvement from season one to the finish is incredible. There isn't a character who doesn't improve dramatically and the last couple seasons are truly great television. It's crazy to go back and watch the first season now and see how tiny some of the roles are for characters who become such big stars (Chris Pratt is the perfect example).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom