The official Maryland game thread! | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

The official Maryland game thread!

I'd much rather go down taking chances than this conservative garbage. 4th and 2 around midfield and we punt. 2nd and 25 and we throw a bubble pass. 4th down from the 8 down 18 and elder send out our garbage kicker. Take a chance at least. Be a little risky. Losing by 35 isn't any different than losing by 18. It's like we packed it in just before half and accepted the loss (our coaches at least).

The defense has been pretty good since that second drive actually.

I'd much rather go down taking chances than this conservative garbage. 4th and 2 around midfield and we punt. 2nd and 25 and we throw a bubble pass. 4th down from the 8 down 18 and elder send out our garbage kicker. Take a chance at least. Be a little risky. Losing by 35 isn't any different than losing by 18. It's like we packed it in just before half and accepted the loss (our coaches at least).
I agree with this eleventy trillionth percent.

Why does this team always stall the moment it was a game it can take a step forward as a program?

Are our kids not ready to play?

Terrible pass by Hunt. Hunt has thrown some really bad passes today as well as some good ones,

Hunt grabs his facemask 15 yards on him bad decision could have gotten the first down anyway

awful decision by Hunt plenty of time no need to run at all.

Why does this team always stall the moment it was a game it can take a step forward as a program?

Are our kids not ready to play?
We had two chances at 17 to 13 to take control by getting the lead and we failed to do it.

Ok. Next drive. That's the one.

How do you not go for it there -- again? He's trying to keep the score down so we don't get embarrassed. He's not playing to win, which tells me he has no confidence in this team. This does not bode well. If we're going to suck, at least be entertaining.

3rd and 10 down 18 in the 4th and we send two of four receivers on 5 yd come back routes. Nice.

And we punt... our coaching staff is suffering from a defeated attitude. I turned the channel. If Shafer isn't willing to actively try to get the victory then I am not going to watch.

Such a disappointment. Losing happens but throwing in the towel is unacceptable and that is exactly what's going on. They are afraid of taking a risk. Our offense has moved the ball too so it's not like they shouldn't have any confidence in the offense to potentially get the first.

I really want Shafer to succeed but this is the first game I have found myself questioning his leadership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom