The official Maryland game thread! | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

The official Maryland game thread!

gocraz4dasu said:
And we punt... our coaching staff is suffering from a defeated attitude. I turned the channel. If Shafer isn't willing to actively try to get the victory then I am not going to watch. Such a disappointment. Losing happens but throwing in the towel is unacceptable and that is exactly what's going on. They are afraid of taking a risk. Our offense has moved the ball too so it's not like they shouldn't have any confidence in the offense to potentially get the first. I really want Shafer to succeed but this is the first game I have found myself questioning his leadership.

Me too. Or at very worst his coordinators.

OK I've waited long enough...this team stinks!

Nice job Hunt lets put in another QB I have seen enough from Hunt today

LOL. Here in Charlotte they have dropped the SU game in favor of the Alabama game.

Thanks for putting me out of my misery.

Remember back when we believed McD was going to have this high octane offense with WRs running free all over the field?

He must be saving that for ND

Mike lindsley is the biggest douchebag in the history of local radio and it's not close

Madbiker said:
Wow a meaningless TD...yipee.

Were good against their 2nd team at least.

If we didn't call any time outs during the last TD drive and let the clock go down to :48, why try an onsides kick? We gave up a long time ago.

We need to somehow become a smarter team. Just mental mistake after mental mistake. We were the better team. It's time to work on drilling the mental aspect of football into this teams head. Don't field punts at the 5, take a knee on kickoffs. No more losing 5-6 yards on first down trying to be fancy when running the ball was working just fine. The coaching is losing these games, play calling and not having the players prepared to play intelligent, mistake free football.

Have to be patient with this staff. But I am starting to think year 1 under Shafer was an anomaly and might have just been some leftover Marrone juice.

I don't know what you saw today, but being in the dome I saw two very bad teams. SU doesn't know who they NEED to be. This is a power running team with a bunch of possession receivers. They still have no big play receivers or backs. Hunt made a lot of poor throws today where he gave his receivers no chance. I thought the defense started to figure it out in the secong quarter but the offense just kept shooting themselves in the foot. This us a bad loss to a very average Maryland team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom