The Official Snooki to the Gator Bowl thread | Syracusefan.com

The Official Snooki to the Gator Bowl thread

elimunelson

Solvay Fanatic
Sources: Rutgers has interest and is exploring the possibility of playing in the Gator Bowl. They have the highest-ranking APR of the available 5-7 teams (979), which *should* give them chance to play. (Illinois has an APR of 970). Rutgers also beat Illinois head-to-head.

Sources: Rutgers has interest and is exploring the possibility of playing in the Gator Bowl. They have the highest-ranking APR of the available 5-7 teams (979), which *should* give them chance to play. (Illinois has an APR of 970). Rutgers also beat Illinois head-to-head.

Didn’t they already decline?

Have we declined? Like I said what are our options since other 5-7 teams seem to be mobilizing (through the media by exploring these options)

Have we declined? Like I said what are our options since other 5-7 teams seem to be mobilizing (through the media by exploring these options)

Were we asked? The tweet above indicated Rutgers was given first choice and they declined. Maybe they have reconsidered.

That's the smart financial move. Going to a bowl game costs a ton of money and the payout alone doesn't off-set those costs. Given the fact that we're 8 days out and in the middle of a Covid surge, I can't imagine Rutgers or any other 5-7 team will be able to sell enough tickets/packages to make it worthwhile. And we're not even taking into account the fact that the players have dispersed and gone home. You'd have to gather them again, either in New Brunswick or in Jacksonville, from all corners of the country.

That's the smart financial move. Going to a bowl game costs a ton of money and the payout alone doesn't off-set those costs. Given the fact that we're 8 days out and in the middle of a Covid surge, I can't imagine Rutgers or any other 5-7 team will be able to sell enough tickets/packages to make it worthwhile. And we're not even taking into account the fact that the players have dispersed and gone home. You'd have to gather them again, either in New Brunswick or in Jacksonville, from all corners of the country.

I’d be more worried about not practicing for a couple weeks. Plus like you said, everyone is scattered.

the cleanest solution is having a bowl team who already played play another game, or postpone until another team cant play and match them up

the cleanest solution is having a bowl team who already played play another game, or postpone until another team cant play and match them up
From what I have heard the Wake Forest Captains told Clawson that they don't want to hang around Wake Forest during Christmas if they don't have an opponent scheduled by Friday morning.

From what I have heard the Wake Forest Captains told Clawson that they don't want to hang around Wake Forest during Christmas if they don't have an opponent scheduled by Friday morning.
can you blame them?

Bowls could share some of that money they are raking in for an exhibition game and make the game more meaningful for the star players. “We’ll put you on this billboard and pay you x, and we’ll cover your insurance”

But they know they get their $ whether the stars play or not.

System keeps showing us how broken it is
Bowls were a farce as a game since it’s inventory for tvs and local kingpins to run these shows

Nice to go though to them. I loved the 96 Gator and 97 Liberty when I went.

Players should get a cut of the bowl I agree 100%

We don’t even have coaches

Can we petition this? I don’t want to watch Rutgers disgrace the Gator Bowl. I think I speak for the entire college football fan base here.
one of the g5 teams that have already won a bowl game deserve to hop in over one of them. Or atleast another team that is left out in the dust in a similar situation.

one of the g5 teams that have already won a bowl game deserve to hop in over one of them. Or atleast another team that is left out in the dust in a similar situation.
None of the team's with losing records have practiced since Thanksgiving weekend and have players scattered all over the place. It would be a disaster.

Depends on what the players want. If they want to have a couple practices and go take a shot at a good team in a game fine for them.

If they don't want to be dragged back to campus over the holidays to get drilled by a good team they shouldn't be forced to.

I don't think people on here would complain if Wake was the team missing out and we hopped into a game last minute.

You would think the chance of Rutgers players getting injured would be high no? I mean I'm sure they have been lifting weights but as far as football activity it has to be near nil. This is obviously just a cash grab with no real benefit to Rutgers. As much as I dislike Rutgers this is pretty messed up in a lot of ways.

Wow. It’s happening. It will be the most prestigious bowl game they’ve ever played in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom