The Official Snooki to the Gator Bowl thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The Official Snooki to the Gator Bowl thread

The only thing up in the air is how Rutgers is going to get from New Jersey to Florida. The team was having a tough time finding a charter flight and nothing was set on Monday. Schiano quipped there was a day the Scarlet Knights had two planes available and then lost both. He added that a train ride remains a possibility, even a bus.

It could be he doesn't know as players are arriving back and testing positive... and he doesn't have a full roster yet.

Maybe they'll burn some redshirts for this, LOL.

However it goes, I expect wake to embarrass them on national TV with an open can of whoopazz...
Burning redshirts for a a bowl game they didn't even earn would be so Rutgers... I'm here for it...

Burning redshirts for a a bowl game they didn't even earn would be so Rutgers... I'm here for it...

And will get blown out in regardless.

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

So they don’t get a full share from the B10 and they don’t get a full share of the bowl game. That is very Rutgers.
The big ten splits all revenue from all the bowls evenly. RU gets a share of the Michigan and Ohio state bowls for example.

Now the Gator bowl total payout itself might be reduced by the circumstances caused by covid

Also, RU gets a full share in the big ten now, but it borrowed monies from the conference earlier which is now being deducted from current distribution

Last edited:
Good for Rutgers. I’ll say it.

If they can mobilize its helping WF more than anyone imo. WF deserved a game.

If it was us playing we would be excited

Generally agree. I read someone else compare it to the Nebraska faithful giving a standing ovation to the visiting team, win or lose. They do it because without the visiting team, there would be no football that day. Like you said, Wake deserved a game and Rutgers is filling in to make it possible. If it were literally any other team, I would expect some different responses . . .

The big ten splits all revenue from all the bowls evenly. RU gets a share of the Michigan and Ohio state bowls for example.

Now the Gator bowl total payout itself might be reduced by the circumstances caused by covid

Also, RU gets a full share in the big ten now, but it borrowed monies from the conference earlier which is now being deducted from current distribution
A&M gets a share too.

Rutgers is definitely not getting a full share for standing in for a deserving team in this farce of a bowl game. This has been confirmed by Pete Thamel.

I hope Rutgers is able to field a team and give Wake a chance to play a bowl game they deserve to be playing in.

Rutgers is definitely not getting a full share for standing in for a deserving team in this farce of a bowl game. This has been confirmed by Pete Thamel.

I hope Rutgers is able to field a team and give Wake a chance to play a bowl game they deserve to be playing in.
As I said, they get the same payout that Michigan is getting today from their bowl , and the same for the Ohio state game,although there might be some monies to the playing team for traveling expenses, but the rest is split

.. I would imagine that should be decent and soften the blow of any reduced Gator bowl payout

RU only takes 1/14 of the Gator bowl money also,since that is shared equally with big 10 teams

It would be good for Michigan to win today so all the big ten teams share in the revenue of the title game

Last edited:

Rutgers gets 1/14 th of all the big ten bowl games payouts
There are no payouts directly to teams from the bowls they are in
A reduced Gator bowl payout is not such a big deal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors