The Pack Line Defense | Syracusefan.com

The Pack Line Defense

LOL. It is designed to give up contested 3s so I think Hughes and Buddy will have good nights. The question is can Carey handle the ball presser.

Since we never throw it into the block does that change how they play us?
No. But you do have to drive and kick against that defense and be strong will the ball, but will play there system and we will play ours. Some shooters they will run off the line and not just close-out.

How do you beat this defense? It's obviously working against more teams than SU.

It works well but it sure makes an awful game imho.

How do you beat this defense? It's obviously working against more teams than SU.

It works well but it sure makes an awful game imho.
You beat this team with fundamentals. Proper screening (e.g. actually putting a body on someone) and ball movement. Constant off-ball movement. This in turn leads to better looks and a higher FG%.

They've had 6 losses in the past 2 years. There's more to it than that.
I realize we didn't we didn't run set plays on offense and our guys were afraid to enter the paint but this D is baffling more teams than just SU.

You beat this defense by playing inside out. They will double the post so force the doubles and pass out for shots or drives, but you need to have a player who can score in the post. I hoped it was Guerrier and it may still be, but it wasn't last night.

Another huge problem from last night was we got turnovers, but we didn't convert them to points in transition. We needed 20 transition points last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom