The program is washed. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The program is washed.

If his wins get reinstated he won’t need 6

They have won 88 the last 5 years.
Say Syracuse wins 2 more games this year, he will be 85 away. No guarantee at this pace it gets done in 5 years.

To get it done in 4 they would need to average 21.25 wins a year. They have not won 21 games in a year since 2018.

So it's possible it could get done in 4 -- but its as equally possible that it leaks into his 6th season.

Does he really think he can stick around for 6 more years to pass K?
Jim, Jimmy, and Buddy in 40 years:

th

If his wins get reinstated he won’t need 6
That’s counting getting the 101 back

You really think that a program trending the way it has with an over 80 coach that doesn’t recruit can win 17+ games per to get it done in 5 or 21+ in 4?!?!

Use to think cuse would win every game. Now it is how embarrassing is the loss going to be
Exactly. If we ever got down 10-15, you knew we’d most likely make a run.

Now, it’s game over. I think the score was 48-38 in this one when I knew it would never get close again.

This program is a friggin joke. I guarantee any opponent with any skill level is thrilled to play against us. They knew they’re getting looks and space to do whatever they need to with the ball.

If said it a couple times before. We have beat 4 teams with a winning record. Imagine how bad our record would be this year if we played a harder schedule or the ACC was actually the ACC. This is the weakest the conference has EVER been.

It’s not just the play at this point. Half the things JB says are embarrassing these days. He likes to fabricate I’ve noticed…
The coach is 100% the problem. I hate ragging on the players. At the end of the day they are kids, most likely living out a dream playing college hoops. JB is responsible for recruiting talent to play for him and his system. His system is broke

I see we’ve arrived at the point were the pendulum has started to swing too far in one direction.

Are you giving lifetime achievement credits, or simply basing it on pure coaching ability, regardless of longevity or other potentially mitigating circumstances (resources, TV exposure, etc…)

I’ll tackle the low-hanging fruit first.

All from coaches who were active when JB started, so no Wooden, Rupp, Phog Allen, etc…

Who do you disagree with below?

K
Dean Smith
Roy
Knight
Calhoun
Pitino
Jay Wright
Self
Izzo
Cal
Donovan

Exactly. If we ever got down 10-15, you knew we’d most likely make a run.

Now, it’s game over. I think the score was 48-38 in this one when I knew it would never get close again.

This program is a friggin joke. I guarantee any opponent with any skill level is thrilled to play against us. They knew they’re getting looks and space to do whatever they need to with the ball.
And they’re getting as many offensive boards as they need to score

I actually think this is one of the more offensively talented teams we’ve had in a while. We shot 50% and 56% from the field and from 3 today and last game shot 47% and 39%.

It’s just so bad defensively and gas forced all of 12 turnovers the last two games combined. The offense just can’t make up for the defensive shortcomings. Now when I’m referring to defensive shortcomings, I place the blame in this order

-scheme
-coaching
-players.

The first two aren’t changing anytime soon. So I’m not hopeful.

Are you giving lifetime achievement credits, or simply basing it on pure coaching ability, regardless of longevity or other potentially mitigating circumstances (resources, TV exposure, etc…)

All from coaches who were active when JB started, so no Wooden, Rupp, Phog Allen, etc…

K
Dean Smith
Roy
Knight
Calhoun
Pitino
Jay Wright
Self
Izzo
Cal
Donovan
Outside of the top 3, everyone else is essentially interchangeable with JB

Many of us saw the end playing out just as it has. Nobody should be shocked JB’s career will end by getting blown out game after game. I wish it never reached this level but it’s apparent that it has to reach this level for something to change.

More greats than not go out in a dumpster fire. It is the rare coach that goes out on top. The only people apparently unaware of that are the only people that that can end this, but they won't.

K
Dean Smith
Roy
Knight
Calhoun
Pitino
Jay Wright
Self
Izzo
Cal
Donovan
Izzo.
Cal.
Roy.

I think he announces his retirement after the loss in the ACCT. He knows it's over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom