the thing i don't get about this board | Syracusefan.com

the thing i don't get about this board

orangehomer

All American
going into the season we knew we were bad. we are sanctioned, we have 9 scholarship players and 3 of them are freshman, and we will not have our head coach for a third of the season. the one freshman that may have been the most positionally important couldn't make it to campus. yet some of you act like it should just be business as usual. we beat a couple decent teams at atlantis, and lost to a few bad teams afterward. we weren't as good as atlantis, we aren't as bad as we have been lately. this teams fate will be decided by the ACC, on the right nights we can shoot and we will beat some teams. other nights we will get beat by deeper teams. worst case see it as a developmental year for Richardson, lydon, and frank and next year we reload, plus we have another scholly to maybe add a kid.

We should have beat wisconsin. Gtown and st johns shot 50% to our 36% and we shot 19-25 percent from three.

I think alot of us thought and some like myself still think we are pretty good.

Nobody can prove we are bad, complacent and careless in making shots, but not bad.

Last edited:
I think we have the potential to be really good. We gave away 2 games by lack of focus (at the FT line and on
defense). If that can get corrected we are a tourney team for certain. If not, it's gonna be a long season.

going into the season we knew we were bad. we are sanctioned, we have 9 scholarship players and 3 of them are freshman, and we will not have our head coach for a third of the season. the one freshman that may have been the most positionally important couldn't make it to campus. yet some of you act like it should just be business as usual. we beat a couple decent teams at atlantis, and lost to a few bad teams afterward. we weren't as good as atlantis, we aren't as bad as we have been lately. this teams fate will be decided by the ACC, on the right nights we can shoot and we will beat some teams. other nights we will get beat by deeper teams. worst case see it as a developmental year for Richardson, lydon, and frank and next year we reload, plus we have another scholly to maybe add a kid.
Speaking for myself, before the start of the season, I thought a successful season would involve making the tournament. After the wins against Uconn and A&M, I think I saw my expectations rise. Time will tell if that's justified.

Teams returning one of the most experienced back courts in the country with one starter up front and 3 highly ranked Frosh have had good years. I expect us to as well.

We should have beat wisconsin. Gtown and st johns shot 50% to our 36% and we shot 19-25 percent from three.

I think alot of us thought and some like myself still think we are pretty good.

Nobody can prove we are bad, complacent and careless in making shots, but not bad.

Loosing to St Johns and that version of Wisconsin is getting to the borderline of proof.

Most people didn't think we were going to be excellent this year, mainly looked at as a bubble team. We got hot, won a few games and became ranked, unfortunatley our defense is sooooooo bad and we're dependent on the three. The threes don't go in and we don't beat anybody, if they do go in, we STILL have a chance to lose. It's a flawed team which looks to be figured out already for next year with a paint eater on zone at the 5 and 2 recruits who will fit in very nicely with the guys that'll be returning. This year is a transition year, it was before the year started and even with some great play in the Bahamas it never changed.

Winning Atlantis was a significant set back for our fan base back emotionally and maturity wise. Honestly, the mood would be significantly better if we had gone 1-2 in the bahamas but beat Wisconsin and St. Johns. I didn't expect us to lose those two games, but it was clear as day that we were not going to continue the level we saw in that Tourney. As I said at the time, Syracuse always kills it in November tournaments and there would be a significant backlash for the team and for Hop in particular when they came back to Earth. You can pick any thread on the front page here and see that happening in spades.

Winning Atlantis was a significant set back for our fan base back emotionally and maturity wise. Honestly, the mood would be significantly better if we had gone 1-2 in the bahamas but beat Wisconsin and St. Johns. I didn't expect us to lose those two games, but it was clear as day that we were not going to continue the level we saw in that Tourney. As I said at the time, Syracuse always kills it in November tournaments and there would be a significant backlash for the team and for Hop in particular when they came back to Earth. You can pick any thread on the front page here and see that happening in spades.

This.

Loosing to St Johns and that version of Wisconsin is getting to the borderline of proof.

Most people didn't think we were going to be excellent this year, mainly looked at as a bubble team. We got hot, won a few games and became ranked, unfortunatley our defense is sooooooo bad and we're dependent on the three. The threes don't go in and we don't beat anybody, if they do go in, we STILL have a chance to lose. It's a flawed team which looks to be figured out already for next year with a paint eater on zone at the 5 and 2 recruits who will fit in very nicely with the guys that'll be returning. This year is a transition year, it was before the year started and even with some great play in the Bahamas it never changed.

Always enjoy chatting with you :)

Pressure plays a part in college basketball, I wouldn't call Wisconsin or St Johns as us playing under pressure. More us playing our D+ (at best) game.

I see your point but you want to win every game atlantis comes first win it.

We are so touchy. Our FF team in 2013 had what 9 losses on the season?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom