The Walking Dead | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The Walking Dead

Slabtown was quite possibly the most boring episode of any season.
it's common knowledge that I don't think highly of the police, but those cops are stupid even by the low standards I have for them!

any thoughts on the mid-season finale? I didn't watch it until last night, but had come across a headline about a "shocking death of a major character that upset WD fans," so I was prepared for something that would upend the dynamics of the show. I was thinking someone popular like Glen or Darryl . . .

SPOILER ALERT - DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET

Imagine how disappointed I was when it turned out to be Beth - the very definition of a minor character. She's been gone from the main story line for so long that her death does not alter the dynamics at all.

any thoughts on the mid-season finale? I didn't watch it until last night, but had come across a headline about a "shocking death of a major character that upset WD fans," so I was prepared for something that would upend the dynamics of the show. I was thinking someone popular like Glen or Darryl . . .

Imagine how disappointed I was when it turned out to be Beth - the very definition of a minor character. She's been gone from the main story line for so long that her death does not alter the dynamics at all.
I think for many thats the opposite.. beth was moral center of the show, if you watched the talking dead and the social media sites this had a greater effect than killing hershel? and who does Carl hook up with now?

They did up themselves in one way. The burned, skinless zombies melted into the ground were even better than the waterlogged zombies from earlier in the season.

Idk, I think it changes the dynamics a lot, especially as it pertains to Daryl, Maggie and maybe even Rick.

Idk, I think it changes the dynamics a lot, especially as it pertains to Daryl, Maggie and maybe even Rick.

Daryl is going to become "Crazy Daryl", I think. He will be as badass as Rick in terms of the 'don't mess with me attitude'. Daryl was more pissed about Beth's death than he was with Merle's. Don't cross Daryl for the next few episodes.

Rick running down Officer Lamson, shooting him and telling his corpse to shut up was just plain cold blooded. #dontmesswithrickgrimes

I enjoyed the season so far to include the finale. I think Beth was becoming an interesting character in her own right starting with her time on the run with Darryl. Character deaths just go with turf on a show like this so it is what it is. Still, the group walking out of the hospital and reuniting with the DC crew was very well done and more emotional than anything I would have expected out of this show after the first two seasons.

And yeah, "shut up" was awesome.

Great first half to the season. Marathoned everything a few days ago when I was home sick. Interested to see what role Gabriel has going forward. Interesting dynamic of the parishioners trying to break in during the initial dead turning, to the turned dead being trapped inside. Having not read the comics, and Eugene's lie revealed, I'm not sure where the story will go. The whole situation has kind of been a roundabout, where the group has found their way back into Atlanta and it's hard to envision what's coming. Still, if the second half is as good as the first, it'll be TWD's best season yet.

Man, they did (spoiler) Tyreese dirty on this show. So wasted. What an awesome character in the comics, and they just ruined him in the comics.

Man, they did (spoiler) Tyreese dirty on this show. So wasted. What an awesome character in the comics, and they just ruined him in the comics.

didn't the governor kill tyrese at the prison - not herschel ? he lasted a lot longer on the show.

<<SPOILER ALERT>>

So I assume with the introduction of Aaron we'll make it to Alexandria this season. Will we get a Neagan cliff hanger at the finale? How long will Glen make it. And will we get a Jesus introduction. He's far and away my favorite comic character.

didn't the governor kill tyrese at the prison - not herschel ? he lasted a lot longer on the show.

<<SPOILER ALERT>>

So I assume with the introduction of Aaron we'll make it to Alexandria this season. Will we get a Neagan cliff hanger at the finale? How long will Glen make it. And will we get a Jesus introduction. He's far and away my favorite comic character.
Yeah, Tyreese was the one who got his head chopped off. But at least even though he didn't last as long, they didn't neuter him like they did on the show (I mean not literally neuter him - I realize with this show I have to make that distinction). Tyreese was an arsekicker in the comics, and didn't get ANY of those moments in the show.

And yes - if they don't introduce Jesus, that'd make me very bitter.

Yeah, Tyreese was the one who got his head chopped off. But at least even though he didn't last as long, they didn't neuter him like they did on the show (I mean not literally neuter him - I realize with this show I have to make that distinction). Tyreese was an arsekicker in the comics, and didn't get ANY of those moments in the show.

And yes - if they don't introduce Jesus, that'd make me very bitter.

Idk, Tyreese had a number of moments where he completely beasted out

I've watched it since the very beginning. Great show. Last night's episode was excellent...lots of action.

some of my friends have been giving up on it this year.. too slow they said. not sure what they expect if you have deaths every week there would be noone left and i dont think you can write that type of action into every episode and get any traction on a story.

last night was good. several directions at once

So I’m current on the comic books and must say I have no idea what direction the show is going. I always expected Negan and the Saviors in the last episode culminating in Glen meeting Lucille. I figure the W and Wolves references to this point are Negan’s group, but the show is giving off the impression that our heroes are going to be taking over Alexandria by force, with the catalyst maybe being the women’s abusive husband or what’s her name’s dead kid. But I can’t imagine that’s actually what is going to happen, (the good guys aren't suddenly going to become the bad guys).

I’m still guessing the last episode will be a run-in with a hostile group. What are the projections for you guys?

And by the way, I freaking love Carol right now.

So I’m current on the comic books and must say I have no idea what direction the show is going. I always expected Negan and the Saviors in the last episode culminating in Glen meeting Lucille. I figure the W and Wolves references to this point are Negan’s group, but the show is giving off the impression that our heroes are going to be taking over Alexandria by force, with the catalyst maybe being the women’s abusive husband or what’s her name’s dead kid. But I can’t imagine that’s actually what is going to happen, (the good guys aren't suddenly going to become the bad guys).

I’m still guessing the last episode will be a run-in with a hostile group. What are the projections for you guys?

And by the way, I freaking love Carol right now.

After reading the comics and also picking out little things in the last few episodes, I think the hostile group theory is on point. At Noah's old neighborhood they foreshadowed the presence of a hostile group when they showed the blasted out section of wall and the convoy tracks going through the woods. Then when Deanna interviewed Rick she admitted that they banished three people. My guess is those three people found "the bad people" and sold out Alexandria. All this internal fighting is going to be overshadowed by the threat from outside.

BTW, I wish Maggie had come up the stairs and blasted Father Crazy for being a lunatic who locked his parishioners out of the church and turned them into a Sunday picnic buffet.

I think Carol is going to waste Pete. She wants Rick to do it, but I don't think he will.

After reading the comics and also picking out little things in the last few episodes, I think the hostile group theory is on point. At Noah's old neighborhood they foreshadowed the presence of a hostile group when they showed the blasted out section of wall and the convoy tracks going through the woods. Then when Deanna interviewed Rick she admitted that they banished three people. My guess is those three people found "the bad people" and sold out Alexandria. All this internal fighting is going to be overshadowed by the threat from outside.

BTW, I wish Maggie had come up the stairs and blasted Father Crazy for being a lunatic who locked his parishioners out of the church and turned them into a Sunday picnic buffet.

I think Carol is going to waste Pete. She wants Rick to do it, but I don't think he will.

Im thinking along the same lines. the banished are with the hostile group.

The internal strife will be overshadowed by what's coming and Pete will get offed by carol or knocked off in the skirmish that's coming.

In the comic somebody out on a motorcycle brought a hostile group to Alexandria (followed the noise) so maybe that's going to be Darryl bringing them in with his new bike. That would mean strangers.

I wanted Maggie to blow in father crazy to but I'm sure he'll get it good.

maybe it's the Chad Coleman effect. He came into The Wire looking like he was going to be a bad ass and then just . . . wasn't.

BTW, while Father Stokes is a troubled, troubled man . . . but he ain't wrong about Rick & his pals. I expect a them to initiate a power struggle before the next Big Bad shows up, forcing a tough decision on Alexandria.

I'd say the hostiles (the Wolves, so to speak) almost certainly include one or more of the banished people. And I'm guessing the weird young girl who Carl saw run off into the woods is a mole for them.

maybe it's the Chad Coleman effect. He came into The Wire looking like he was going to be a bad ass and then just . . . wasn't.

BTW, while Father Stokes is a troubled, troubled man . . . but he ain't wrong about Rick & his pals. I expect a them to initiate a power struggle before the next Big Bad shows up, forcing a tough decision on Alexandria.

i disagree a bit. he is wrong about them. rick and co have never indiscriminately killed, torutured or raped. father coward saw them hack up a bunch of cannibals who had eaten and killed their friend. nothing else.

i disagree a bit. he is wrong about them. rick and co have never indiscriminately killed, torutured or raped. father coward saw them hack up a bunch of cannibals who had eaten and killed their friend. nothing else.
But at the time, in his defense, he didn't really know about that. They may have mentioned it but he could only take them at their word, and they had come right in and asserted dominance and intimidated him. So with Gabriel, you're supposed to really realize that he isn't privy to all of the information we have.

But at the time, in his defense, he didn't really know about that. They may have mentioned it but he could only take them at their word, and they had come right in and asserted dominance and intimidated him. So with Gabriel, you're supposed to really realize that he isn't privy to all of the information we have.

He eventually saw Bob with no leg though, did he not? And didn't he venture out and see the site where they ate the leg? And saw Bob's rotting flesh?

He eventually saw Bob with no leg though, did he not? And didn't he venture out and see the site where they ate the leg? And saw Bob's rotting flesh?
Yeah, after the massacre in the church though, right?

And I think he sucks. But he sucked in the comics, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom