There has been some concern by some that | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

There has been some concern by some that

Losing anyone outside of Edwards from a historically bad season should be seen as an opportunity
I agree with some of this provided we have confidence in this staff to not just replace the losses but upgrade it

Last April, they failed in the portal sweepstakes as the losses outweighed the additions

I agree with some of this provided we have confidence in this staff to not just replace the losses but upgrade it

Last April, they failed in the portal sweepstakes as the losses outweighed the additions
What can possibly give you confidence in this staff, though?

Im fine as long as Jesse, Joe and Symir stay. Obviously I want Frank and Benny to as well, but I don’t think either would be detrimental to the team considering other available portal options.

Need to keep your vets and ball handlers.

Will guess Frank out, FSU kid in. I have heard nothing, but this fits Dashers hints.

UGH. That’s… not an upgrade.

We can’t blame Frank if he looks for more opportunity elsewhere.
He’s #2 at C behind Jesse, and surely would love to start or at least get major minutes elsewhere.

JBA is a wonderful, delightful young man, but he’s Just A Guy when it comes to hoops.

I’d also assume Chaz looks elsewhere so he can actually play.

I know nothing, nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last nite.

Only one is a ouch
Edwards, Cole or Girard are the only ones that I would considered an ouch. JE already said he was coming back and I can’t see why Girard would go. I guess that leaves Cole.

It’s like we are a dog shelter and are bringing dog’s back to their families
Or we just don’t have the energy to go out and find new dogs.

Last edited:
we can't recruit the portal because we don't have room. Let me assure, there will be room. Plenty of room.
Although your input is appreciated, I feel the direction of this thread is headed in the wrong direction. Yes, we need to improve in many areas. That's a no brainer. But I think it would be more appropriate waiting until these guys announce their intentions before people are stripping them of their Orange uniforms. How would you guys feel if you were their family, friends, or the players themselves, having ardent fans telling them they don't want them to return. I just have a hard time with that.

You want to make opinions on the coaches. No problem there. But let's hope that some of these guys do return and improve enough so some of you have to eat crow.

Although your input is appreciated, I feel the direction of this thread is headed in the wrong direction. Yes, we need to improve in many areas. That's a no brainer. But I think it would be more appropriate waiting until these guys announce their intentions before people are stripping them of their Orange uniforms. How would you guys feel if you were their family, friends, or the players themselves, having ardent fans telling them they don't want them to return. I just have a hard time with that.

You want to make opinions on the coaches. No problem there. But let's hope that some of these guys do return and improve enough so some of you have to eat crow.
He didn't mention any names. We know who the possible departures are. We're dying here, man. He's feeding us some scraps to keep us alive. Be thankful.

People need to relax when it comes to what’s written on a fan forum. Some act as if it’s a legal document or a new chapter in the Bible. It’s speculation on a college basketball team. Its what fans on a fan forum do.

Dude (or dudette) - it’s a fan discussion board.

We discuss things.

Yes, it’s all hypothetical at the moment.
So what??

Nobody is disparaging, dismissing, or wishing away the current players.

It’s just the new reality of the Portal Era, that there will be a LOT more roster turnover than ever before.

What I find interesting is there are players who just played this weekend in the tournament already in the portal and then there is Syracuse who finished nearly 3 weeks ago and there has barely been any movement. Just seems odd, maybe some guys are torn and on the fence and the staff is re-recruiting them to stay; or things move really slow at SU.

Dude (or dudette) - it’s a fan discussion board.

We discuss things.

Yes, it’s all hypothetical at the moment.
So what??

Nobody is disparaging, dismissing, or wishing away the current players.

It’s just the new reality of the Portal Era, that there will be a LOT more roster turnover than ever before.
It's Dude. (He/Him).

Yes, there are disparaging, dismissing or wishing away current players and have been. How many comments have there been about Chaz, JBA and Benny? At least people want Frank to stay. He should feel good about that. Some people are saying they don't want Cole to come back. That's just crazy talk.

I know what you are saying, but it's not like they aren't trying. And they are good kids. Rip on the coaches all you want for roster management.

At least we don't have anyone declaring early for the NBA draft to get those boo-bird comments out there. Holy Schnikes!!!

So it’s Cole, JBA and possibly Benny
It’s probably Cole. But maybe Frank. I don’t want to lose either of those guys. Frank has the potential to really develop. And we need a talented and experienced forward like Cole on the roster. He could be a legit star next season. Fingers crossed he rolls it back one more time. Ugh, I got the sense that things were trending in the right direction for Cole to return.

Last edited:
Will guess Frank out, FSU kid in. I have heard nothing, but this fits Dashers hints.
Quincy Ballard. Yikes. I really like Frank and how he’s developed. He’s a proven commodity and has a good upside. He’d take over as the starting center after Jesse he graduates and would still play a lot next season.

Number of ESPN 100 players that other ACC teams have coming in next year:

Duke: 5 (and potentially another coming); this class is insane.
UNC: 3
UVA: 3
ND: 2
FSU: 2
Miami: 2
VT: 1 (but ranked top 50)

We have zero. I know we may have had one or two at some point, but we have zero now. Zero.

Barring us landing Mintz or another hail mary, JB and crew have work to do in the portal or else we're going to be staring at another long year.

We need legit talent.

Number of ESPN 100 players that other ACC teams have coming in next year:

Duke: 5 (and potentially another coming); this class is insane.
UNC: 3
UVA: 3
ND: 2
FSU: 2
Miami: 2
VT: 1 (but ranked top 50)

We have zero. I know we may have had one or two at some point, but we have zero now. Zero.

Barring us landing Mintz or another hail mary, JB and crew have work to do in the portal or else we're going to be staring at another long year.

We need legit talent.
Can we steal Lands from Louisville with Mack having resigned?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom