There has been some concern by some that | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

There has been some concern by some that

Can we steal Lands from Louisville with Mack having resigned?
He hadnt signed an LOI, due to the timing of the early signing period, so the coaches could have continued contacting him but I doubt they have and moved on.

I think Lands said he remains committed to the Ville

Ballard??

I don't know about him covering the corner 3
Jesse is going to be the focus of the team next year and will be playing more than 30 minutes a game. And he should, he could be an All-American. That doesn't leave much PT for a backup, Frank probably will portal do to that fact and no other talented 5 will want it either. Ballard and Carey could get a few minutes to give Jesse some rest, that is all they will be needed for.

Why not just say what you’ve heard? No one is attacking your credibility if it falls through….
Why didn't I think of that? I have included information when I could. I have been specific in the past. Obviously, it's up to the kids to say what they want to say. I also said this isn't confirmed. Solid but not confirmed.

It's Dude. (He/Him).

Yes, there are disparaging, dismissing or wishing away current players and have been. How many comments have there been about Chaz, JBA and Benny? At least people want Frank to stay. He should feel good about that. Some people are saying they don't want Cole to come back. That's just crazy talk.

I know what you are saying, but it's not like they aren't trying. And they are good kids. Rip on the coaches all you want for roster management.

At least we don't have anyone declaring early for the NBA draft to get those boo-bird comments out there. Holy Schnikes!!!

I didn't give one name. Not one.

Number of ESPN 100 players that other ACC teams have coming in next year:

Duke: 5 (and potentially another coming); this class is insane.
UNC: 3
UVA: 3
ND: 2
FSU: 2
Miami: 2
VT: 1 (but ranked top 50)

We have zero. I know we may have had one or two at some point, but we have zero now. Zero.

Barring us landing Mintz or another hail mary, JB and crew have work to do in the portal or else we're going to be staring at another long year.

We need legit talent.
well i dont disagree but there is the possibility that trying to build a core of 3-4 year players could be the zig to the other programs' "zags" that could work (since the 5 stars arent coming)...JB has tried it the last couple of squads and it hasnt worked but doesnt mean it cant ...dukes one and done factory...means they are often just piecing it together (this year it worked but last year they were 13-11 and havent won a title since 2015)...with all the mcds they get youd think they won more than that.

Ballard??

I don't know about him covering the corner 3
he was pretty poor in the matchup vs SU...all i can remember thinking is this guy is not good.

in a year when a lot of opposing bigs went off against the orange...i cant beleive they would target ballard...

need a complete player who can do everything at C...not just a tall guy.

we can't recruit the portal because we don't have room. Let me assure, there will be room. Plenty of room.
any idea how many portal players will be on the team next year???

(im hoping a lot)

I have heard maybe 2. I am very disappointed if that turns out to be true. And if it is more, I have been told it will be because someone I really want to stay, has left.
so that means there will be unfilled schollies then? cuz you also said there will plenty of room at the inn...

I have heard maybe 2. I am very disappointed if that turns out to be true. And if it is more, I have been told it will be because someone I really want to stay, has left.
Disappointing. They should be trying to improve the roster as much as possible coming off a losing season. I don't get the feeling we are trying to win next year. It feels like a developmental year for the new guys. UGH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom