There has been some concern by some that | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

There has been some concern by some that

1648733655923.jpeg

I assume this is going to have something to do with PT?

I'm going to disagree here a bit
Cockburn is 300 LBs
Tshihbwe is 260
Edwards is 225

Those first two can handle a lot more banging around. Plus, they were the two best centers in college basketball.
disagree how? that jesse should play significantly more minutes than 31 per game...or significantly less??!?

his point was simply that players shouldnt be playing 39 mins a game...

kinda think you arent really following the thread but just looking at one post and responding here...

If your coaching Syracuse your choice is Jesse or Frank.
Are you breaking news? Or just trying to play Det. Columbo(SU alum RIP). Nobody has said its one or the other.

The other issue on top of how many minutes Jesse should be able to handle is that he simply fouls at a crazy rate. Compared to the two that Alsacs mentioned, Jesse fouls at nearly twice the rate. Backup C is definitely important if we want to be a good team next season.

disagree how? that jesse should play significantly more minutes than 31 per game...or significantly less??!?

his point was simply that players shouldnt be playing 39 mins a game...

kinda think you arent really following the thread but just looking at one post and responding here...
I already responded that I misinterpreted his post.

I think his point is the 2 best centers in college basketball ONLY averaged 30 mins per game. If they were at Syracuse they would have averaged 39mpg. Sometimes less minutes is better. Keeps guys fresher and less injuries over the season.
When I see other teams consistently outhustling us for loose balls, I get the feeling that our guys often pace themselves so they can make it through 39 minutes/game.

I think it said more about our quickness. Or lack thereof
That was especially true this year, but we've been outhustled previous years when we had more athletic teams, as well. While other teams dive for the ball, we usually reach for it and hope.

You are correct, especially in a big time conference like the ACC. This is why I have been so critical of Jim in recent years. What really set me over the edge with him was playing Marek damn near 40 MPG at Center in the ACC for 2 years. That was massively unfair to MD and did a disservice to the team. He had options and he decided not to use them. What he did to Marek was just awful.
Makes me wonder if that was a reason he didn’t come back.

how would we feel about a starting forward combo of Benny/Taylor?
Rather add Cole to that, but at least there are options behind Benny and Taylor. We seemingly have legitimate depth everywhere (minus center at the moment)

Mintz isn’t happening, people should brace themselves for a very difficult year with fewer moments to feel good about.

Try for a new coach with SU ties, but it absolutely should not be anyone on the current staff. Recruiting went from top 10, to top 20, to top 40 and now I’m not even sure we’re looking at a top 50 roster.

This is not a result of striking out on kids who chase money at lesser schools. This is low effort, narrow net casting and an inability to adjust to today’s environment. Internal succession hasn’t been earned, not nearly.

Not so fast smartass!!

Oscar Tshihbwe played 31.8 MPG.
Kofi Cockburn played 30.7 MPG.

That is what we should expect from Jesse.

Which is why losing Frank would suck.

Our HC didn’t want to sit the starters last year hopefully that is out of his system. We played players too damn much. We had the worst 4 year stretch in JB’s career. This 4 year stretch tied the Nichols/Watkins/Roberts class for fewest NCAAT wins in JB’s tenure at 2.

Change it up.
Obviously people will point to the league but Schmidt at Bonas played his starters 90-95% of the time. All avg 30+minutes. Did the same last year and won their league and went to the NCAAT. This year got to the NIT simi finals. So its not unheard of.

had to be at least part of the reason
I would assume it was the fact he could make a good living playing somewhere else. Same thing Cole is trying to figure out. Do you stay another year and make no money or go somewhere else and do what you love for a good salary?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom