There is no bigger JB fan than me but... | Syracusefan.com

There is no bigger JB fan than me but...

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
This team literally can't imbound the ball at this point. We turned it over no joke on 3 or 4 simple inbounds passes. Its clear this team has no depth and seriously lacks Offensive talent (Marek airballing a 3 footer) but I am seeing a JB team struggle in areas that they never have. As someone who wanted JB over Hopkins I wonder if were getting into Paterno/Bowden terriory. Looking forward to next year but its time to start sounding the alarm bells.

This team literally can't imbound the ball at this point. We turned it over no joke on 3 or 4 simple inbounds passes. Its clear this team has no depth and seriously lacks Offensive talent (Marek airballing a 3 footer) but I am seeing a JB team struggle in areas that they never have. As someone who wanted JB over Hopkins I wonder if were getting into Paterno/Bowden terriory. Looking forward to next year but its time to start sounding the alarm bells.

I’m going to blame the youth. Guys are on the court that shouldn’t be at this point in their careers.

If you have watched SU the last 30 years it's always been a problem inbounding against pressure. The players change, the problem remains.

I'm a JB defender, but the last 4 years of mediocrity, at best (yes, including the miracle Final Four birth) is almost all on him. The sanctions play a role, but not to the extent that we've seen. Poor roster management/recruiting coupled with a complete lack of adjustments on both sides of the ball have led us here.

We have literally 3 guys on the entire roster who can be semi-counted on for a bucket. The rest of the roster you could say it's a minor miracle when they score the ball off of anything beyond a dunk or a put-back. How does that happen to a supposed elite level basketball program? I feat that we are going the way of Indiana. Hopefully next year changes that thought, but these last 4 years have been beyond frustrating to watch.

This. We're starting backups and giving 40 minutes to guys who would usually get 20. Marek is a guy who would normally be a redshirt.

Youth isn't the problem. Recruiting misses are the problem. There are plenty of teams that are younger than us that are light years ahead of us because they have talented youth that's ready to play, not a bunch of projects who might be solid contributors by their junior or senior years.

Youth isn't the problem. Recruiting misses are the problem. There are plenty of teams that are younger than us that are light years ahead of us because they have talented youth that's ready to play, not a bunch of projects who might be solid contributors by their junior or senior years.

The sanctions did what the NCAA wanted them to

Meanwhile, in South Orange, NJ ...

TT is getting splinters in his butt. Because Mom thought he got TOO MUCH playing time as a freshman. :rolleyes:
Sorry. May not be getting the sarcasm/I can see it being true with this guy...but the too much playing time is a joke right?

The sanctions did what the NCAA wanted them to

I'm just sick of that excuse. We had 11 scholarships available this season and we used 9 (now down to 8 with Thorpe leaving). That's mismanagement of the roster and is inexcusable in my opinion. And I get that Thompson left late in the game, but we weren't bringing in Dolezaj until after he left, so that's a wash in terms of scholarships available. We have no shooters, we have a PG that turns the ball over 7 times a game and we don't have a single big with any discernible offensive skill. That's not the sanctions' fault. That's the staff's fault.

I'm just sick of that excuse. We had 11 scholarships available this season and we used 9 (now down to 8 with Thorpe leaving). That's mismanagement of the roster and is inexcusable in my opinion. And I get that Thompson left late in the game, but we weren't bringing in Dolezaj until after he left, so that's a wash in terms of scholarships available. We have no shooters, we have a PG that turns the ball over 7 times a game and we don't have a single big with any discernible offensive skill. That's not the sanctions' fault. That's the staff's fault.

Pretty sure we got Dolezaj when we missed on Tucker, and were bringing him in regardless of what Thompson did.

Howard does not turn it over 7 times a game. Too much, but not 7. We have 2 shooters. Not enough but it’s not none. Sidibe has some skill, but he’s hobbled.

We used all 11! Why do people keep repeating this?? Stop with the #fakenews. We’re down to 8 because TT left right before school started, Geno bizarrely bailed in early Dec. and Hughes is a redshirt transfer.

This isn’t true at all.

It's definitely true over the last 10 or so years. We run the same 2-3 inbounds plays from under the basket on our side of the court. Have not run a different play besides those in at least 10 years. On the other side of the court, against the press, we don't set any screens or anything. Our PG either just pushes off or tries to seal off his man, or we have a big run down the sideline to take the inbounds. It's a pathetic lack of creativity or ability to adapt, which again is on the coaching staff.

His Mom was concerned that we'd run all the tread off his tires before he got to the NBA.
Blessing in disguise I guess. Imagine if he became the go to guy here. She would get more airtime then lavar ball.

We used all 11! Why do keep repeating this?? Stop with the #fakenews. We’re down to 8 because TT left right before school started, Geno bizarrely bailed on early Dec and Hughes is a redshirt transfer.

The problem is having to rely on a grad transfer and another transfer in the first place. We have missed badly on the recruiting front for a while here, either targeting and bringing in guys who just can't cut it or throwing all of our eggs in one basket and whiffing completely. Again, hopefully next year changes that problem, but it's been a painful few years for sure.

His Mom was concerned that we'd run all the tread off his tires before he got to the NBA.

That is absolutely freakin bizarre. Clueless. Wow. Does she know they play 82 games in the NBA? And that if her kid is lucky enough to make it, he’ll never play more than a few minutes a game anyway.

Lol at 30 college games seasons ruining a player for the NBA. So many stupid people.

If Thompson didn’t like Boeheim handling of him that doesn’t mean Boeheim gets a pass.

My god the toadies of JB will always make excuses.
The guy isn’t perfect and deserves the criticism Jeremy is giving.
Taureen Thompson left.
Players leave programs look at the turnover at all elite programs.
If only Jim Boeheim didn’t reject Jalen.Brunson 4 years ago when his father and he wanted to come to SU.

Maybe Taureen’s mother wouldn’t matter then. Also Malachi was never staying 3 years and Lydon was a Hop Guy the second Hop left Lydon was gone.

That is absolutely freakin bizarre. Clueless. Wow. Does she know they play 82 games in the NBA? And that if her kid is lucky enough to make it, he’ll never play more than a few minutes a game anyway.

Lol at 30 college games seasons ruining a player for the NBA. So many stupid people.
There is no way that is true.
It’s spin for the truth.
Thompson didn’t leave because his mom was worried about his playing time being too much.