There is no reason we shouldn't own the Northeast | Syracusefan.com

There is no reason we shouldn't own the Northeast

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
We are really in a good position to become the dominant football program in the Northeast within the next 5 years:

• Penn St. is an absolute mess and may not recover for at least a decade
  • UConn and Rutgers are stuck in a sinking ship - their recruiting will start to suffer
  • West Virginia made their alliances with the central plains states
  • Pitt is trying to recover from the "who's my coach this week" carousel
  • That leaves Boston College - if we can't beat BC, we don't deserve to be the top program in the NE.
Wow, things really have broken our way for once. I guess the last decade that we spent in purgatory could be coming to an end.

We already the have the best basketball program in the NE, no reason that football shouldn't follow the same path soon.

Now please TGD re-up Marrone so we can keep this positive train rolling. We most likely won't see the stars line up in our favor again in our lifetimes.

Please Coach Marrone and TGD, take advantage of our situation to its fullest extent and then some.

totally agree. From my perspective, this is the floor - own the NE. Once we get there, we can build on that.

totally agree. From my perspective, this is the floor - own the NE. Once we get there, we can build on that.

Agree on the "floor" comment, but disagree with your total lack of faith in Doug to get us even to that level. He may not be the best game day coach quite yet, but he's learning from his - so far very limited - head coaching experience (see his comments re: taking KOs out of the EZ). What are his other shortcomings in your honest opinion?

By the time it all shakes out, he may very well get us not only to the "floor" of NE dominance, but closer to the ceiling of national prominence and title aspirations the BB program has enjoyed for decades.