There Was a Great Play with Great Movement... | Syracusefan.com

There Was a Great Play with Great Movement...

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
I'm thinking of Roberson coming up from the block, getting the ball from Kaleb, with his back to the basket, passing it back out to a moving Cooney and making a break for the basket. Cooney fed Roberson the ball back and got to the rim. I really like this play. It give Roberson a shot he can make if he turns and has space, a kick to Trevor, who is coming off of a screen to shoot, a backdoor cut to Kaleb if he slides to the hoop, and last night, the pass to Cooney, and the immediate slip to the hoop, with a perfect pass and 2 points -- it was a really great play. They really got some good movement while flashing Roberson from the block to about ~15ft.

I'm thinking of Roberson coming up from the block, getting the ball from Kaleb, with his back to the basket, passing it back out to a moving Cooney and making a break for the basket. Cooney fed Roberson the ball back and got to the rim. I really like this play. It give Roberson a shot he can make if he turns and has space, a kick to Trevor, who is coming off of a screen to shoot, a backdoor cut to Kaleb if he slides to the hoop, and last night, the pass to Cooney, and the immediate slip to the hoop, with a perfect pass and 2 points -- it was a really great play. They really got some good movement while flashing Roberson from the block to about ~15ft.
One thing that really obvious to me about Roberson, is his hustle. On a turnover or missed shot, he always sprints down the court, and has often been rewarded as the recipient of a feed on a fast break. That says a lot for a guy who as such a good rebounder, is usually fighting for position underneath the opponent's basket.

One thing that really obvious to me about Roberson, is his hustle. On a turnover or missed shot, he always sprints down the court, and has often been rewarded as the recipient of a feed on a fast break. That says a lot for a guy who as such a good rebounder, is usually fighting for position underneath the opponent's basket.

We always said imagine if Baye Moussa Keita had hands, and a jumper to go with his positioning, defense and work ethic. Well, fresh from the laboratory, meet Tyler Roberson. He just needs to play without a conscience and look out.

I felt like early in the game there was really good movement and at some point we got away from it. Maybe it was when we hit a few outside shots and forgot what we started out doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom