They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did). | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did).

Can't they just postpone things? The school year doesn't end until sometime in May, right?

Also, doesn't it make more sense to cancel or postpone events that haven't started yet than to do it in the middle of an event? The players, coaches, refs, cheerleaders, band, media and fans have already been in Greensboro for a few days. if they aren't at the arena, they'll be hanging out at the hotels and restaurants and getting on the same planes they would get on in a couple of days. Why not finish this and then decide what to do about event that haven't started?

What I don’t get about canceling the ACC tourney ...is that everyone is already there.. so unless the thought is the players or a player already has it ... it doesn’t seem like it’s really that helpful to cancel

Watching late night news ... guessing NCAA is out . Just my take .

If they do cancel the ACC and ncaa tourneys ... I’ll feel bad for these kids on the one hand ... just destroyed a team that beat them down not long ago ... have beaten every team they lost to in the rematch ..

On the other hand .. this beat down will be the last thing we remember about this team .. not a Bad lasting impression ... and since we were highly unlikely to make the tourney anyway ...that’s a pretty good year selfishly to not have the tourney

Kinda irritated with him for going out there and making a scene out there like that, knowing what’s going on.

Am I wrong for that?

Not at all. We are asking people to be intelligent about their decision making right now, particularly someone in his position. What he did was stupid.

Not at all. We are asking people to be intelligent about their decision making right now, particularly someone in his position. What he did was stupid.

incredibly selfish putting everyone near him at risk even if it’s just the flu . Regular flu is no joke

If teams are already down there and there are no fans how does it make sense to cancel?i understand not having mass gatherings, but should we shut down everything? Close the malls and Chuckie Cheese too. Concern is great, mass panic isn’t.

The nba is suspending, not cancelling. They are doing it for revenue reasons, as much as anything else. college can still play in empty buildings. If refunding tickets is that big a deal Just postpone for a couple of weeks

It' probably easy enough to screen the players and coaches for any signs of infection. All of them have already travelled, so stopping the games now would mostly be just PR. It makes sense to cancel the NCAA tournament before anyone travels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom