They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did). | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did).

Also, doesn't it make more sense to cancel or postpone events that haven't started yet than to do it in the middle of an event? The players, coaches, refs, cheerleaders, band, media and fans have already been in Greensboro for a few days. if they aren't at the arena, they'll be hanging out at the hotels and restaurants and getting on the same planes they would get on in a couple of days. Why not finish this and then decide what to do about event that haven't started?

And by all means don't administer tests to any of the players or coaches until their teams have been eliminated.

It' probably easy enough to screen the players and coaches for any signs of infection. All of them have already travelled, so stopping the games now would mostly be just PR. It makes sense to cancel the NCAA tournament before anyone travels.

I’m thinking the NCAA and nba are very much concerned with a potential lawsuit were a player to contract the virus from another . It’s not that easy to screen for it..who knows if they even have tests for them... and you can be infectious with no symptoms

I’m thinking the NCAA and nba are very much concerned with a potential lawsuit were a player to contract the virus from another . It’s not that easy to screen for it..who knows if they even have tests for them... and you can be infectious with no symptoms
The number of test available are limited. Also my understanding is it takes 2-3 days for accurate results.

The nba is suspending, not cancelling. They are doing it for revenue reasons, as much as anything else. college can still play in empty buildings. If refunding tickets is that big a deal Just postpone for a couple of weeks

Colleges can just stop paying the players, and that should ease any lost revenue concerns.

The number of test available are limited. Also my understanding is it takes 2-3 days for accurate results.

Even then .. it’s a dynamic thing .. you could take the test today and get exposed right after ..

Even then .. it’s a dynamic thing .. you could take the test today and get exposed right after ..
Sure. They could get exposed at the pizza shop when they get home too. At this point, it's about minimizing risk because it's impossible to eliminate it. They already went through the risk of traveling. Playing the games is probably minimal risk.

Sure. They could get exposed at the pizza shop when they get home too. At this point, it's about minimizing risk because it's impossible to eliminate it. They already went through the risk of traveling. Playing the games is probably minimal risk.

The equation isn't all about risk to the individual. There is the primary risk that I may contact it by coming in to contact with someone who has it. There is also the secondary risk that I may spread it because I've come into contact with someone that has it and then been in contact with a whole new set of people who never would have come into contact with the first person.

Selfishly hoping the game is played. We can beat UL. We looked great last night. I’m not ready for the season to end, I enjoy this team. I am of the mindset that they are already there and should play without a crowd.

Gut feeling is the remainder of the ACC Tournament and NCAA Tournament will both be cancelled.

Surprised.

I honestly think this is the right thing to do. nice to see some sanity prevail. The big risk to events like this is so many people sitting together in close proximity in the stands. With that threat eliminated, the risk of playing since they're already there is not much higher than them flying home and going about their lives otherwise.

This is exactly it. You cannot eliminate risk for anything. All you can do is reduce. And having almost 0 fans in attendance qualifies as a drastic reduction

we have team doctors right ? they can take temperatures and monitor health symptoms. ok send the fans home . where they can all pack into their buffalo wild wings or local sports bar and share dipping sauces.

1584017369955.png