This article was posted by TintManInside in another thread | Syracusefan.com

This article was posted by TintManInside in another thread

Wow. Time to blow everything up and clean house...

In a statement Monday, The Second Mile said it immediately ended Mr. Sandusky's contact with children in the program after he told them in 2008 he was under investigation for alleged sexual contact with a child, an allegation he told the organization was false.

That, however, was at least the third time in 10 years that the organization had been made aware of allegations involving Mr. Sandusky's contacts with children. The organization knew in 1998 that Mr. Sandusky was investigated for alleged sexual misconduct in a Penn State shower involving a different boy from the program, according to a presentment by a statewide investigating grand jury.

And then this about the school district:

Also Tuesday, a published report raised questions about the initial response of officials at Central Mountain High School in Clinton County in 2008, when the mother of one of the accusers, a 15-year-old boy, confronted them with allegations against Mr. Sandusky. According to the grand jury, Mr. Sandusky, who was working as a volunteer coach at the school, abused the boy over a two- to three-year period before the boy revealed the abuse to his mother.

The report in The Patriot-News of Harrisburg quoted the mother as saying school officials "told me to go home and think about what I wanted to do, and I was not happy. They said I needed to think about how that would impact my son if I said something like that. I went home and got [my son] and we came to [Children and Youth Services] immediately," said the woman, who was not identified.

"he had been told by Mr. Curley that an internal Penn State investigation had found no corroboration for an allegation of inappropriate contact by Mr. Sandusky with a youth in a university locker room shower."
That is really sick. What other corroborating evidence was the school looking for (they weren't looking of course) in addition to the adult employee/eye-witness to the shower rape? These people are all scum of the earth.

Wow. Time to blow everything up and clean house...

In a statement Monday, The Second Mile said it immediately ended Mr. Sandusky's contact with children in the program after he told them in 2008 he was under investigation for alleged sexual contact with a child, an allegation he told the organization was false.

That, however, was at least the third time in 10 years that the organization had been made aware of allegations involving Mr. Sandusky's contacts with children. The organization knew in 1998 that Mr. Sandusky was investigated for alleged sexual misconduct in a Penn State shower involving a different boy from the program, according to a presentment by a statewide investigating grand jury.

And then this about the school district:

Also Tuesday, a published report raised questions about the initial response of officials at Central Mountain High School in Clinton County in 2008, when the mother of one of the accusers, a 15-year-old boy, confronted them with allegations against Mr. Sandusky. According to the grand jury, Mr. Sandusky, who was working as a volunteer coach at the school, abused the boy over a two- to three-year period before the boy revealed the abuse to his mother.

The report in The Patriot-News of Harrisburg quoted the mother as saying school officials "told me to go home and think about what I wanted to do, and I was not happy. They said I needed to think about how that would impact my son if I said something like that. I went home and got [my son] and we came to [Children and Youth Services] immediately," said the woman, who was not identified.

immediately... after 3 allegations over 10 years. Doesn't sound too immediate to me.

The stuff about the mother being told to "go home and think about what she wanted to do" makes me sick. The obvious implication is 'you don't want to go messing with the PSU football program, lady.'

Jack Raykovitz is a Clinical Psychologist (PhD, Penn State) and mandated reporter as well. At the very least he had an obligation to put in controls to eliminate Sandusky's access to children other than in the most public of settings, and then with a "watcher" or something at all times. His license better be under review and close to getting yanked.

As someone who has been on various boards at several levels over the years, even knowing that there was suspicion and allegations and then not seriously modifying or better still terminating the involvement of Sandusky is grounds for the board of Second Mile to terminate Raykovitz himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom