This board is so predictable and so tiresome | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

This board is so predictable and so tiresome

durkin recruited a lot of good players to the terps. locksley and his coahes called a hell of a game .
Maryland almost always has athletes. You could have a high quality roster if you only recruited kids in a 50 mile radius from the Maryland campus.
Last year they lacked a QB. The VT transfer solved that problem.

I support your overall point but you are referring to a game against arguably the greatest college football team ever.

that miami team might be the best team ever though. we don't know what maryland is (I think they're pretty good)

I think you've missed elimunelson's point, which is that one lousy game doesn't mean the season is going be a disaster. We've taken a lot of bad beatings over the years and come back to make something good of the season as a whole. You don't have to go back to 2001. Last year's Notre Dame game is a classic example.

I think you've missed elimunelson's point, which is that one lousy game doesn't mean the season is going be a disaster. We've taken a lot of bad beatings over the years and come back to make something good of the season as a whole. You don't have to go back to 2001. Last year's Notre Dame game is a classic example.
a team that was in the playoff!

i get the point but there might a big difference between a beat down by a great team and a beat down by maryland

Eh those types of posts are always going to happen when you lose by 40+ to an unranked team. Most of the offseason and summer camp this board has been the opposite with people talking and acting like we were Clemson with some ridiculous predictions. Most of the posts you are referring to are/wereway off base but let's not lose sight of the fact that this team again lost by 40 to an unranked Maryland team with Gameday and a massive national exposure on the table. The fanbase on here is the least of our problems right now.
This might be the single best reply I have ever seen on this forum. Honestly I am st focused on getting to bowl eligibility. Its been a while since we went to consecutive bowl games. Dino has us going in the right direction. Its just at 20miles per hour and not the 80mph that the "happy wanderers" thought.

I think back to the ‘01 season. 59-0 to Miami. It doesn’t define the season if u get smoked once or twice.

Dino will right this ship bc he’s a heckuva coach. We aren’t as bad as we look and we weren’t as good as we looked after WVU bowl. Anyone who had us 8 wins ish should realize it’s still an 8 win team. At Maryland was a test. We failed, school isn’t over though
01 Miami was a heck of alot better than 2019 UMD lol

The same dopes who virtually disappear when things are going well have nothing better to do then dump on players and the staff after a bump in the road.

Bunch of know nothing know it alls.
# 1 clemson is coming here with a vendetta and another beatdown is bad bowl news. i'd rather read that from the realists who actually watched the last 2 games than the sunshine and lollipops gumdrop good news we get from some posters. season ain't over. but it's a rocky start. truth. if we can't win at least keep it close.

The same dopes who virtually disappear when things are going well have nothing better to do then dump on players and the staff after a bump in the road.

If it helps, I posted a lot when I was excited about the team. Don’t really care enough to post much after that performance.

Not sure if some have gone over the line but criticism after a less-than-stellar opener and brutal 40+ point drubbing isn’t unusual. In fact, some might say some criticism is warranted. If people have gone over the line with stuff, ok. But if you can’t be critical when things go wrong, no one should be complimentary when things go right ... as we were for the entire season last year.

Seasoned QB. Plus Maryland's OC and DC are better coaches. Lynch and Ward got schooled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom