This game was on the Syracuse fans | Syracusefan.com

This game was on the Syracuse fans

D

dash-30-dash

if more fans went to games to see this exciting brand of football, well, we would recruit better. It's our fault.

I want the time I spent watching the first half back... Jersey Shore re-runs are more watchable.

this game is on the day we hired Captain Kangaroo. I said it would take 2 years for every year they kept that asshead around from day one to get back to a BCS game. Blaming the fans? Yea right.

Marsh, no doubt that asshead put this program behind the 8 ball but at some point we need to move forward. This is year 3 of Marrone. I'm watching too much crap. And the blaming of fans for recruits not coming here makes me ill.

Marsh, no doubt that asshead put this program behind the 8 ball but at some point we need to move forward. This is year 3 of Marrone. I'm watching too much crap. And the blaming of fans for recruits not coming here makes me ill.
I hear ya. Makes me ill too.

The sad thing (and I'm curious if anyone else feels this way), I take hoops losses WAY harder than football losses. If we lost a hoops game today I would literally be on suicide watch. I am upset about his loss but will be over it in an hour.

I hear ya. Makes me ill too.

The sad thing (and I'm curious if anyone else feels this way), I take hoops losses WAY harder than football losses. If we lost a hoops game today I would literally be on suicide watch. I am upset about his loss but will be over it in an hour.

because its become so common- 2 coach's since p was fired and the team hasnt improved overall- a bowl last year because of a weak schedule-

we hired a oline guy who was supposed to know offense- our line has sucked for 3 years and so has the offense-
if he didnt hire schaeffer as dc he wouldnt have won any more than the great guru-but the guru could at least get a few solid kids

Marsh, 100% agree but it is because of our history. When I graduated from Syracuse in '78, we were terrific in hoop and when we won in football we were happy but when we lost, we were used to it. God willing, we will never be accustomed to losing in hoop. Losing to Uconn is what makes this so much worse.

Marsh, 100% agree but it is because of our history. When I graduated from Syracuse in '78, we were terrific in hoop and when we won in football we were happy but when we lost, we were used to it. God willing, we will never be accustomed to losing in hoop. Losing to Uconn is what makes this so much worse.
Agreed.

Losing to a bad uconn team hurts, if they were good it wouldn't bother me as much. They gave up 38 points to a crappy western michigan for christ sake.

if more fans went to games to see this exciting brand of football, well, we would recruit better. It's our fault.

I gave up a great afternoon on the golf course to watch this. And here's the thing: I have Tivo and could have done both! I consider myself a die hard fan and have sat through some very tough games. When the pieces were not there, I adjusted my expectations. So it is possible the bar is now higher but the last 2 weeks have shown me a few things:

1. Nassib either cannot or is coached not to throw down field very often. Except when he has a receiver short and throws right to the safety playing 10 yards deeper. Wow.

2. The OLine cannot block very well. If they go up against a 3-3-5 defensive setup, like WVU, then fine they can out-muscle that defense. Otherwise they lose a lot more battles, both in run blocking and pass protection. And this is the experienced group? Bring in a healthy Hickey, Trudo, Foy, Curtis, etc.

3. The play calling has to be tightened up. The screen to Ant early in the game at their goal line was awful. Fine, the blocking broke down, but that call was awful.

4. Ditto Provo's end around.

5. Tackling seems to be slipping as the season progresses. Davis has great technique; others don't seem to be up to the task.

6. Pam Ward might be the worst announcer short of the "Boom goes the dynamite" kid. Just awful. Do you think she is bitter that her Connecticut home does not have power?

7. I don't care if Marrone is a cheerleader on the sidelines or not but he HAS to light into his players and his coaches this week. The effort just doesn't seem to match that of their opponents' effort.

8. What else can go wrong with special teams? First it was the FG unit; now the kick coverage. That guy was good but come on; he wasn't THAT good. SU seemed to break down with its lane assignments; that has to improve. The kickers seem to be wearing out too.

9. End of the first half, 7 seconds to go, 2 time outs left, ball is on the right hash mark. There is NO REASON not to snap the ball, move to the center of the field and call a TO. That is a much harder kick from the right hash, even for a kicker who is perfectly healthy. Marrone has to know to do that, right?

Next time, I will probably leverage my Tivo and enjoy some of the other aspects of my life. Sad to write that down as I consider myself a die hard fan.

I actually think the Provo end around was kind of cleaver and I'd use that baby as a recruiting tool!

This oline needs to step it up and figure out a way to block blitzes

9. End of the first half, 7 seconds to go, 2 time outs left, ball is on the right hash mark. There is NO REASON not to snap the ball, move to the center of the field and call a TO. That is a much harder kick from the right hash, even for a kicker who is perfectly healthy. Marrone has to know to do that, right?

EXACTLY... That kind of lack of creativity and situational awareness is getting very common with DM.

Its like every game that is ever played in any sport you suck it up go out there and play.

We did that and it wasn't pleasent. End of story. We are a good home team. I look forward to next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom