This guy thinks he’s going to big boy | Syracusefan.com

This guy thinks he’s going to big boy

2 minute mark. And then 11 minute mark again.

Honestly didn't mind it. I think he (the GT coach) has a bit of an awkward speaking style, but he was complimentary of him at the 11 minute mark.

I want to be better than GT on Sat.

GT coachspeak verbiage hits all the right notes - physicality, toughness, energy, blah, blah, blah.

Just tell our team to go out and make plays. Expect to make plays.

Every down matters. Focus and swarm. Be football players and not gap fillers or angle takers or assignment fulfillers.

And one other thing. When the QB is passing, the back 7 doesn't always have to stare at the QB to see where his eyes go, look at the god damned receiver sometimes and stay with him. Your teammates will tell you if the ball is coming. Stay on the receiver and stop staring at the QB when the receiver is now 10 yards in the middle of a gap. I know there's more to it than this depending on the coverage, but there's no reason a guy should be given huge cushions or massive gaps. Screw technique. If the QB sees a guy is covered there's a better chance of a sack. The ball is going to a receiver. Stay close to him and you'll be near the ball and in a better position to tackle.

I do hope Fran (and I love the guy) has the courage to sit some of the starters if they're not producing or mismanaging their opportunity (how does Barron get that stupid OOB penalty). Would he ever consider sitting any of his minted starters if they're underperforming?

Now LFGO!

Fran makes it sound like they are buddies. This guy just downplayed it in a massive way.

Paramount Network John GIF by Yellowstone

I get where he’s coming from. 100% focused on making sure his guys play with energy and intensity. He wants his boys to get off the bus fired up and ready to go hard. It works.

If we dont get it together he is going to run it down our throats. We need to take the ball and score put them in a hole sell out on the run and make them dink the ball down the field on us. Sell out on the run nothing over the top.

I see X’s and O’s, but I also hear crowd noise, feel adrenaline, and sense the dome atmosphere going a long way to determine who wins this game. I see turnovers, big plays and a real emotional contest.
Could be a 4 hat game for Fran.

I heard nothing there indicating he expects to big boy us. I heard a coach that intends to challenge his team and one that would rather not do press conferences if he isn't required to.
I heard a coach that is worried that he is getting into a highly physical game as he knows we will bring it and wants to get his team ready. The “T” in DART.

Barron suggested we all make noise while the opposing offense is in huddle formation rather than when they're lined up that way the noise is even more effective.

I hope that gets traction.

That’s how it should be, but this Syracuse fan base is fickle

It should be constant noise.

Anytime you go to an away game it’s noise the entire time

That’s how it should be, but this Syracuse fan base is fickle

It should be constant noise.

Anytime you go to an away game it’s noise the entire time
Unfortunately I have to agree; I'm normally one of the first to stand on third down as I stand as soon as the prior play ends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom