This is terrible | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

This is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, if you didn't see the injury then i can understand why you asked b/c you'rre right, normally players, fans and announcers (kellog was clearly choked up) don't react like that.

but had you seen just how utterly grotesque the injury was (think joe thiesman, maybe worse) then you'd clearly understand all the emotion it elicited.

and if not, then something would obviously be wrong with you and i'd suggest you seriously seek some counseling for your lack of empathy.

it was bad, bro, really bad. and justifiably sad.

THANK YOU.

This is what I expected at first.

Instead what I got was a mob of people responding like a hormone crazed pregnant woman jumping down your throat (my wife is pregnant, I would know :) )

Two pages of thread could have been avoided if people just told that guy what was wrong.

Again. DIDN'T KNOW THAT. That's why I asked "why?"

I didn't come on here and say everyone are a bunch of wimps. I said (and I quote) "Why???"
Then maybe, just maybe, when you saw the reaction of everyone else, you might try to find out WHY they we're reacting like that before you make the posts you made. That's all.

No I didn't see the replay. Which is why I said "why?". But instead of answering apparently everyone wanted to jump down my throat.

Apparently they're all on their periods. For goodness sake.
you are making it much worse. When everyone tells you that you are wrong, you would be a fool to not consider the possibility. It was horrific. And to phat, I have never, and you haven't either, seen an ied go off and blow off someones leg on live tv. Bad example.

One of the saddest things in the world today is the widespread inability of people to say 6 simple words.

I am sorry.
I was wrong.

The world would be so much better off if people had enough humility to simply allow themselves to be human and to err.

I should apologize because I asked what the big deal was and everyone jumped down my throat?

Ok...

Oh I didn't catch them saying that.

I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful, I'm just honestly confused. I played football for years - my teammates got injured every game. It happens. It's part of the game and it sucks. We didn't cry about it though.

It was perhaps one of most gruesome sports injuries ever.

If you're saying that you wouldn't get choked up or emotional if one of your teammates broke his leg with the bone sticking out, then clearly you were a pretty awful teammate.

Again. DIDN'T KNOW THAT. That's why I asked "why?"

I didn't come on here and say everyone are a bunch of wimps. I said (and I quote) "Why???"

You are trying to spin stuff now. You asked why, as in whats the big deal? Now, as you have been buried by an avalanche of negative responses, you are trying to spin it as to mean "could someone tell me why its a big deal...I didn't see it"....come on, man, this has nothing to do with mob mentality. You were an ass and got called on it. You aren't the first and won't be the last.

Now that I've seen the replay I can understand why the reactions. That was pretty narley. It was hanging there like somebody whacked it with a machete.

Same here.

But we're still "tools" and "douche bags" because we didn't realize what was going on at first.

I should apologize because I asked what the big deal was and everyone jumped down my throat?

Ok...
Instead of saying you didn't see what happened, you talked about how you couldn't understand how someone could be moved to tears by an injury and kept questioning people's reactions. If you had just said "I didn't see the injury, what happened?", maybe you wouldn't come off so compassionless and like an internet tough guy.

Ok...
Once again, that isn't what happened. You made an issue out of people and players reacting the way they were. You said that this happens all the time in football. You diminished what we all saw. You came off as an unfeeling asshat. not saying you are. But you came off that way. Now you are playing yourself as a victim. You aren't. You have 50 posts here. You have to bring your game up.

You are trying to spin stuff now. You asked why, as in whats the big deal? Now, as you have been buried by an avalanche of negative responses, you are trying to spin it as to mean "could someone tell me why its a big deal...I didn't see it"....come on, man, this has nothing to do with mob mentality. You were an ass and got called on it. You aren't the first and won't be the last.

Yeah, that. OR I JUST DIDN'T SEE IT.

Ugh.

THANK YOU.

This is what I expected at first.

Instead what I got was a mob of people responding like a hormone crazed pregnant woman jumping down your throat (my wife is pregnant, I would know :) )
you're mistake was not stating that you DIDN'T SEE IT. people assumed you did like most of us did, and therefore you came off as a totally unemphatic jerk, which i will assume that you're actually not.

if you would've seen the poor kid's leg, you would've totally understood. it was the most gruesome injury i've ever seen.

It was perhaps one of most gruesome sports injuries ever.

If you're saying that you wouldn't get choked up or emotional if one of your teammates broke his leg with the bone sticking out, then clearly you were a pretty awful teammate.
not to mention a pretty awful person too most likely. And dumb. To spout off without the knowledge and details of what occured is beyond anything I've ever seen on this board.

As do I. But it's sports. Happens all the time.

My suggestion: don't watch football. You'll be crying every 10 minutes.

This is the post that was inappropriate. Before you posted this, several people told you it was an unusual, bad, career ending injury, and you responded with this.
Maybe you misunderstood, but that seemed to be a tough guy response that was not appropriate.

Then maybe, just maybe, when you saw the reaction of everyone else, you might try to find out WHY they we're reacting like that before you make the posts you made. That's all.

This is what I don't get. If you know people get injured a lot, and normally people don't cry, then when you see people crying after an injury, maybe you should put 2 and 2 together and realize it wasn't a run of the mill injury.

Instead of saying you didn't see what happened, you talked about how you couldn't understand how someone could be moved to tears by an injury and kept questioning people's reactions. If you had just said "I didn't see the injury, what happened?", maybe you wouldn't come off so compassionless and like an internet tough guy.

True. Fair enough. Lesson learned.

Yeah, that. OR I JUST DIDN'T SEE IT.

Ugh.

Dude, honestly, just walk away from the computer. You made a mistake, why do you care so much and feel the need to defend yourself to every comment. Just walk away and move on with your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom