This season’s not over. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This season’s not over.

At this point, it is best to just enjoy each game and keep cheering the team. I am realistic enough to know that an NCAAT is unlikely, but we have missed it before. Hopefully, we can keep improving and build something for next year. A tournament appearance would be an added bonus.

We screwed ourselves in the OOC, but I think people are significantly overlooking how bad the ACC is this year.

im not good at math but that last sentence is a doozy.

Just my opinion, but i dont think well ever do well with the rebounding. I think we can do better on the perimeter. Hence my disappointment.
Not hyperbole, in my opinion. Those baskets all allowed ND to tie the game or stay close, and denied SU a chance to widen a lead and kill clock.

I'm not - it is bad, and Notre Dame is pretty bad.
Notre Dame will probably finish near the top of the ACC below Duke, UVA, Louisville, NC State and fsu

ND lost in Chapel Hill when Cole Anthony went off. At Maryland (.top 10 team). Against Indiana by 2. Yes BC was a bad loss but that’s it.

ND is a solid team

Eh, they probably are. Are we their best win so far? Or Toledo in OT? :)

They're kinda bad - but the ACC is bad, so they're good, I suppose.

ND lost in Chapel Hill when Cole Anthony went off. At Maryland (.top 10 team). Against Indiana by 2. Yes BC was a bad loss but that’s it.

ND is a solid team
They arent a top 8 acc team.

The ACC is awful this year. We have a chance against anybody at home if we get the crowd going. We need to string together a run but if we can pull together some wins It can still happen.

The only squad that seriously scares me is UL, this isn’t the same Duke juggernaut.

we need 10 more before the ACC tournament, hopefully finish with 12-13 ACC wins.

It can be done, these kids are improving. These kids have much more heart than years past.

Which is why this loss stings so much. They have to hold serve at home vs. comparable teams.

Eli yes, Matek no way unless he decides he misses Europe and needs to go home for the pizza

Is he showing up on draft boards? No reason for him to stay if he’s gonna hear his name called but if not why leave.

Notre Dame will probably finish near the top of the ACC below Duke, UVA, Louisville, NC State and fsu

UNC without their best player should still never lose to Georgia Tech at home, at least not by that margin. Go back to all the previous UNC teams and take their best player off and they are still good. This is a bad UNC team. Even with Anthony they suck.

The kids play hard, JB is coaching his arse off but we are simply to weak inside to go more than 500 in conference.
Id like to see us make the NIT.
Im afraid next year is going to about the same unless we add inside talent. We have become a 500 team.

The kids play hard, JB is coaching his arse off but we are simply to weak inside to go more than 500 in conference.
Id like to see us make the NIT.
Im afraid next year is going to about the same unless we add inside talent. We have become a 500 team.

With the way JB's offense disrespects big men why would any big who had a shred of offensive talent go to SU.

They were a good three point shooting team with arguably the top rebounder in the nation, we lost by 1 point on a questionable ending.

its early in conference play and our schedule’s favorable this year. Anything can happen.
They were 0-2 in the league and entirely average...just like us.

They were a good three point shooting team with arguably the top rebounder in the nation, we lost by 1 point on a questionable ending.

its early in conference play and our schedule’s favorable this year. Anything can happen.

I applaud your positivity.

I don’t have it.

We have not come close to the grit needed to win. Up three, 90 seconds to play at home against an average team, and we don’t stop them.

The season is not technically over at all, but my hopes are at the same percentage as the likelihood of a double-double out of our center spot.