This season’s not over. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

This season’s not over.

I applaud your positivity.

I don’t have it.

We have not come close to the grit needed to win. Up three, 90 seconds to play at home against an average team, and we don’t stop them.

The season is not technically over at all, but my hopes are at the same percentage as the likelihood of a double-double out of our center spot.

Sidibe has 2 double doubles this years. So you're saying there is a chance? ;)

This isnt a shot at the OP I get his point but this is example 1A on how far the program has fallen. Its January 4th and were having arguments over whether the season is over already for the NCAA tournament. That is a damning indictment of where we are right now as a program and frankly embarrassing.

The ACC is awful this year. We have a chance against anybody at home if we get the crowd going. We need to string together a run but if we can pull together some wins It can still happen.

The only squad that seriously scares me is UL, this isn’t the same Duke juggernaut.

we need 10 more before the ACC tournament, hopefully finish with 12-13 ACC wins.

It can be done, these kids are improving. These kids have much more heart than years past.
12-13 acc wins? can you share whatever you are smoking?

This isnt a shot at the OP I get his point but this is example 1A on how far the program has fallen. Its January 4th and were having arguments over whether the season is over already for the NCAA tournament. That is a damning indictment of where we are right now as a program and frankly embarrassing.
Thank you.

In a real elite program the coach would have been fired, nevermind trying to equivocate how a remote shot at at an 11 seed is worth being all happy about.

We are Marquette.

You thought the LAX season was over on February 8th last year. :D

You thought the LAX season was over on February 8th last year. :D

Well in all fairness it kinda was, it cost us a home game in the tourney and resulted in the Loyola debacle. I get your point though. That said let's not compare the two programs, Desko looks like Saban compared to what the bball program is putting out this year.

I’m hoping we can get 12-13 defensive rebounds a game. Seriously, today’s game was fun to watch. Much better than 49-48. We scored 34 points in our first game against Virginia. This team has made huge improvement, but they aren’t going to improve physically this season. We need to gang rebound. I think Hughes has to pick up the pace on the boards. He had a late rebound taken out of his hands and layed in by ND. That was a big play along with the three on one that our three best players messed up. Our guards need to get 3-4 more rebounds a game which can make a difference in a close game.

Well in all fairness it kinda was, it cost us a home game in the tourney and resulted in the Loyola debacle. I get your point though. That said let's not compare the two programs, Desko looks like Saban compared to what the bball program is putting out this year.

Nick Saban or Lou Saban?

The ACC is awful this year. We have a chance against anybody at home if we get the crowd going. We need to string together a run but if we can pull together some wins It can still happen.

The only squad that seriously scares me is UL, this isn’t the same Duke juggernaut.

we need 10 more before the ACC tournament, hopefully finish with 12-13 ACC wins.

It can be done, these kids are improving. These kids have much more heart than years past.

Stop. We don’t have the talent.

I keep hearing how down CBB is (true) and that Syracuse can beat anyone on any given day.

Remind me again who they have beaten to earn this leeway? We’re halfway through the season and the team’s best win is like Seattle.

If Cuse can’t beat Notre Dame at home in front of an amped up crowd and the team playing its best offensive basketball since the E8 game vs Virginia, what gives you any semblance of hope they can win 4 straight against those teams?

If we win at ND this loss is negated. We need to sweep Pitt BC and VaTech though

Don’t see any way the defensive issues are resolved with this group. It’s a physical limitation issue. Too slow and small on the perimeter and meager on the interior

This team gets better with every game.

it’s not going to be a pretty year but this team is really going to gel by next season.

Here’s a chilling thought.

We’re 8-6, halfway through the season, and have only played one ranked team (an offensively inept Virginia team that will be lucky to win a single NCAAT game). Penn State just snuck into the Top 25 so that would be a second, but I’m not sure how long UVA lasts.

If CBB is so down, this team should be a lot better than 8-6 against largely botttomfeeding teams.

The season certainly is not over, but the suspense may be around whether we can avoid JB’s first losing season.

I’d put us on the bubble there.

That said, I do think we’re improving off a very low standard.

I think our 4 good players are a nice core and if Eli comes back we don’t have to add much. But I don’t think the options currently on the roster are the right ones.

But starters 1-4 won’t be the issue.

We want a 22 23 year old man who’s shown he can rebound at the NCAA level to man the 5. Not Marek or Sid or the kids who don’t play. And one good backup guard who can score and play PG.

I mean even Quincy when he was having one of his best showings of the year and provided much needed athleticism today couldn’t grab a damned rebound.

That’s what it’d take. I would not say it’s “impossible” given how down the conference is.