This "the game was over" silliness | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

This "the game was over" silliness

From where I sit, there is really no room left for error. If we want a one seed in the east we either win out and at least tie for the ACC regulator season title or we go further than Duke in the ACC tourney. The committee and the media will be skeptical otherwise. Four losses will not get us MSG.

You can't look at in a vacuum like that. I guess you are assuming that the other principal contenders (KU, UF, WS, UA) for the #1 seed are never going to lose again this year. KU has played the best schedule in the country but they better not lose more than one game cuz it would be hard to see an eight loss team getting a one seed- even seven may be too much. I think WS is a fairly legit team but they haven't played anybody. The Committee has always been big on strength of schedule so it will be interesting to see how they evaluate WS.

Or, another option is, we could just see what happens and have faith in our guys.
Having faith is one thing, hoping for another miracle is another. Expecting another miracle is is not reasonable.

You can't look at in a vacuum like that. I guess you are assuming that the other principal contenders (KU, UF, WS, UA) for the #1 seed are never going to lose again this year. KU has played the best schedule in the country but they better not lose more than one game cuz it would be hard to see an eight loss team getting a one seed- even seven may be too much. I think WS is a fairly legit team but they haven't played anybody. The Committee has always been big on strength of schedule so it will be interesting to see how they evaluate WS.

You make a great point. Thanks !

Withsuch a critical call, there would have been a lot of scrutiny whether or not Boeheim had blown up. I don't think it served a purpose. As for the lighting a spark argument, I would hope the players know Boeheim wants to win more than anything. He made a mistake in my opinion. He's human.

After Duke's loss in the dome they went up 5 spots in the polls. The non-call against Rak on the biggest stage of the year sticks out in voters minds... And I'd bet a bit in the minds of our refs and maybe even the selection committee.

Round 2. HOF coach, 2nd in history with wins in D1 - gets tossed for the first time ever after a bad call. Advantage Cuse. Does the end of the game stick in the minds of voters, refs, and maybe the selection committee?

Everyone is human (except Dixon, of course. He's an inbred troll. But that's for another post).

Duke has SIX losses. They have to win every single game to even have a chance at a one seed, and if we see them in Greensboro i think we win anyway. If you guys think Syracuse won't get a one if they finish 2nd in the ACC, what makes some of you think Duke will get a 1 finishing 3rd or 4th.

Withsuch a critical call, there would have been a lot of scrutiny whether or not Boeheim had blown up. I don't think it served a purpose. As for the lighting a spark argument, I would hope the players know Boeheim wants to win more than anything. He made a mistake in my opinion. He's human.
I have thought about this. If Boeheim just acted the way he did after Mike G.'s called blocking foul, it would not have received nearly the scrutiny as it did. To me, Boeheim's smile after that first call was saying, "Ok, I get it, you guys are going to give the benefit of the doubt to the offensive player in this situation. Now that I know that, we can play accordingly."

I think Boeheim's blow-up was strategic...not premeditated but I think he knew what he was doing at the time ran on the court. I don't think even now that he believes he made a mistake.

I have thought about this. If Boeheim just acted the way he did after Mike G.'s called blocking foul, it would not have received nearly the scrutiny as it did. To me, Boeheim's smile after that first call was saying, "Ok, I get it, you guys are going to give the benefit of the doubt to the offensive player in this situation. Now that I know that, we can play accordingly."

I think Boeheim's blow-up was strategic...not premeditated but I think he knew what he was doing at the time ran on the court. I don't think even now that he believes he made a mistake.

Your take may be quite accurate. I just think JB could have accomplished nearly as much by confronting the official after the game was over and then going off at the presser yet still keeping hope alive when there was :10 on the clock.

Your take may be quite accurate. I just think JB could have accomplished nearly as much by confronting the official after the game was over and then going off at the presser yet still keeping hope alive when there was :10 on the clock.

What exactly did he "accomplish"? Are the refs scared of him now? Does it guarantee that we'll start playing better?

The only thing he unequivocally accomplished is killing any chance at victory.

What exactly did he "accomplish"? Are the refs scared of him now? Does it guarantee that we'll start playing better?

The only thing he unequivocally accomplished is killing any chance at victory.

Note I didn't say he accomplished anything. I said he would have accomplished nearly as much which is a polite way of saying JB didn't really accomplish much with his run on to the court. I agree with you. I don't understand those that defend his behavior. JB is a great coach but he's human and he messed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom