This was my call that started all this | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

This was my call that started all this

Their daily pods are good they actually put work into it unlike some shows around here!
I stopped subscribing to their podcast after their Kadary discussion. That was bullchit spin.
The spacing argument is old and is lazy.
Plus they made playing time about Joe vs. Kadary instead of even saying Joe could get some of Buddy’s minutes.
Those guys clearly want to stay in JB’s good graces which is fine.

I stopped subscribing to their podcast after their Kadary discussion. That was bullchit spin.
The spacing argument is old and is lazy.
Plus they made playing time about Joe vs. Kadary instead of even saying Joe could get some of Buddy’s minutes.
Those guys clearly want to stay in JB’s good graces which is fine.
Not nearly as bad as others and for some reason almost everybody thinks it’s Joe vs kadary and budddy just gets all the minutes

Not nearly as bad as others and for some reason almost everybody thinks it’s Joe vs kadary and budddy just gets all the minutes
Well they lost me after Tuesday’s podcast. They don’t seem to disagree much at all and their Kadary take lost me.

Damn Pat! Fire! I thought I heard some of your Axe interview but not this part. I think many agree with your views on what Jim is doing wrong. (I do wonder about Griff at SG because his handle isn’t great, but it’s totally worth the experiment.) JB just refuses to truly engage with any of these questions and just offers vague generalizations and strawmen arguments. Can you imagine being an assistant coach trying to discuss these ideas or solutions with him? Yikes.

Damn Pat! Fire! I thought I heard some of your Axe interview but not this part. I think many agree with your views on what Jim is doing wrong. (I do wonder about Griff at SG because his handle isn’t great, but it’s totally worth the experiment.) JB just refuses to truly engage with any of these questions and just offers vague generalizations and strawmen arguments. Can you imagine being an assistant coach trying to discuss these ideas or solutions with him? Yikes.
You are equating JB's engagement with radio callers on running the team that of his interactions with his staff? Really? That's as big a stretch as I have seen in a while.

You are equating JB's engagement with radio callers on running the team that of his interactions with his staff? Really? That's as big a stretch as I have seen in a while.
You haven’t been paying attention to people saying JB doesn’t listen to his assistants. He does what he wants.

Pat’s take got JB to respond unprovoked or unasked.
That tells you what is going on with JB. That a caller’s opinion mattered to him.

You haven’t been paying attention to people saying JB doesn’t listen to his assistants. He does what he wants.

That tells you what is going on with JB. That a caller’s opinion mattered to him.
2 different things. Not implementing the suggestions of underlings doesn’t mean you don’t listen.

It's truly bizarre to me that JB responds - unprompted - to sports radio callers.

maybe he's so defensive because he knows that there's some truth and accuracy in Pat's criticism and comments?

It's truly bizarre to me that JB responds - unprompted - to sports radio callers.

maybe he's so defensive because he knows that there's some truth and accuracy in Pat's criticism and comments?
I now believe JB is a smart guy who thinks because he deals with a soft local media can just throw out spin that won’t get pushed back on.

The local media is smart and know there is no reason to be tough on him because he means a lot to them and he is vindictive enough to ruin things. A lot of the National media aren’t fans of his style but they don’t deal with him much. He isn’t given positive coverage nationally. I don’t think he cares because he smartly realizes nationally college hoops doesn’t really matter so no need to worry about and he has the PTI guys he can always go to and get a friendly spot.

I don’t think JB cares when dealing with people he engages in if what he says is actually debatable. I don’t believe for one second our team can’t play man to man if he had to for a couple of minutes. It’s just not believable what he says. He should just say I don’t want to do it rather than try a convince people on the spin he says.

Last edited:
Pat on local sports radio 1260 Manchild and Boy Green. Just cut a promo on JB.

Clearly JB is the heel and Pat is the face in this feud.

Parallel lines don't meet and JB and Pat aren't coming together any time soon.

Maybe JB needs to invite Pat to his table at Joeys to hear each other out over some high end Italian dining.

Maybe JB needs to invite Pat to his table at Joeys to hear each other out over some high end Italian dining.

I saw this in a movie once.

Pat comes out of the Men's room with the gun and takes out both JB and Capt. McClusky.

Then we all go to the mattresses.

Agreed. I wonder if the assistants have been reluctant to bring up overarching or bigger picture ideas to fix the problems in the program unless asked by JB. It’s been suggested on this forum that he doesn’t listen to them, and that’s clearly the case during the game. He rarely engages meaningfully with any of the assistants, and that’s a stark contrast to how many other programs operate. I suspect our assistants pick and choose what battles are worth fighting.

I gotta say except for the moderators having to being on alert I am starting to enjoy CuseRunner posts.
It’s unintentional comedy.

Poor moderators though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom