This was my call that started all this | Syracusefan.com

This was my call that started all this

To quote “If Buddy’s struggling take him out”. really

Excellent. Thanks for being the voice for practically the entire fanbase. I listen to Brent quite a bit because he's the show in town but he is frustrating. He constantly walks on eggshells not to upset JB. It's great to hear a voice of reason on. the. air.

To quote “If Buddy’s struggling take him out”. really
I kinda think he’s really sensitive. Coach mentioned before buddy was crying at home when he couldn’t play because he had to quarantine. Makes me believe he might not be able to accept a new role coming off the bench, not like it will ever happen anyways.

I kinda think he’s really sensitive. Coach mentioned before buddy was crying at home when he couldn’t play because he had to quarantine. Makes me believe he might not be able to accept a new role coming off the bench, not like it will ever happen anyways.
Tell coach, as fans are crying watching him shoot bricks and watching loose balls fall two feet in front of him and not getting the ball. When he’s playing well he helps the team. When he’s just standing on the perimeter, he’s useless. I don’t care if you think he’s stretching the floor.

Excellent. Thanks for being the voice for practically the entire fanbase. I listen to Brent quite a bit because he's the show in town but he is frustrating. He constantly walks on eggshells not to upset JB. It's great to hear a voice of reason on. the. air.
I am not a big fan of Brent Axe but in this regard, what do you want him to do? Walking on eggshells? Who wouldn't be? I suppose you would rip into coach if he was sitting in front of you for your interview of him. We all know how he can be and I wouldn't want that job in a million years. He's sensitive, at times defensive and forever cutting people off before you can get your question or thought in. Having said all that, I am overjoyed that he has been our coach here for all these years.

Brent is spot on with his take that JB perceives every question as coming from a place where the questioner believes that they know more than the HOF coach.

I’ve worked with people who got this way. They constantly invoked their resume (“I’ve been doing this for blah blah blah years...”). Of course in business there’s typically a relentless pursuit of growth, and thus a constant desire for new thinking. So these people tend to meet untimely ends.

I am not a big fan of Brent Axe but in this regard, what do you want him to do? Walking on eggshells? Who wouldn't be? I suppose you would rip into coach if he was sitting in front of you for your interview of him. We all know how he can be and I wouldn't want that job in a million years. He's sensitive, at times defensive and forever cutting people off before you can get your question or thought in. Having said all that, I am overjoyed that he has been our coach here for all these years.

Axe is a Jellyfish. Jb has paid appearances on his show an exclusive weekly spot on Axe show. Axe chooses to be a jellyfish because he wants to be not because he has to be.

TGreat call Pat as always. But this very same call word for word u need to call JB himself on his show.
You realize JB WANTS Pat to say it to him.
Pat is actually on one of the greatest college basketball coaches of all time’s mind.

He was a little ticked off at Axe for not fighting Pat for what he said.
I actually think he shouldn’t call JB because I don’t want JB to get that mad.

Pat is actually on one of the greatest college basketball coaches of all time’s mind.

What is JB going to do ban him from the carrier dome ban him from calling any local shows and take Pat's first born.

The Buddy call it protection nepotism thinking by the fan base even his biggest defenders like me is an issue.

Interesting perspective

when I first heard Jim drilling me on the air I was wondering what the lash back was going to be and I thought it was going to be 50-50 and I would’ve been fine with that. When you call you have to be prepared for lash back which is fine. I’ve been doing it for 20 something years. People that don’t know me just think I’m critical and hate him! I’ve defended him on the air more than any other caller in the history of Syracuse sports talk radio

Axe is a Jellyfish. Jb has paid appearances on his show an exclusive weekly spot on Axe show. Axe chooses to be a jellyfish because he wants to be not because he has to be.
Baloney. Boeheim would shut him out completely if he came across as strong as you all seem to think he should be. Pretty easy to sit here and call somebody a jellyfish when you're not the one sitting in front of him, isn't it? It's a tightrope I wouldn't want to walk.

Baloney. Boeheim would shut him out completely if he came across as strong as you all seem to think he should be. Pretty easy to sit here and call somebody a jellyfish when you're not the one sitting in front of him, isn't it? It's a tightrope I wouldn't want to walk.

Jb has a weekly paid appearance through the University and Athletic department with the radio station and Axe Show.

Interesting perspective

when I first heard Jim drilling me on the air I was wondering what the lash back was going to be and I thought it was going to be 50-50 and I would’ve been fine with that. When you call you have to be prepared for lash back which is fine I’ve been doing it for 20 something years. people that don’t know me just think I’m critical and hate him! I’ve defended him on the air more than any other caller in the history of Syracuse sports talk radio
Pat, I hear your calls on a number of the talk shows in town and I usually really like your perspective on things. You break things down well. I do think your passion gets the best of you sometimes though. You've even put off Steve Infanti who is the most even keeled guy on the air here. It makes for good radio sometimes but you have to walk that tightrope of expressing your opinion without making the host feel uncomfortable with you. You have made a bit of a name for yourself if that was your goal. But I tend to think you are a guy more who is a rabid fan like us and has a good perspective that he likes to share.

What is JB going to do ban him from the carrier dome ban him from calling any local shows and take Pat's first born.

The Buddy call it protection nepotism thinking by the fan base even his biggest defenders like me is an issue.

Weren’t you the one who recently said we better be careful and watch what we post on this message board because Boeheim reads it or something?

Pat, I hear your calls on a number of the talk shows in town and I usually really like your perspective on things. You break things down well. I do think your passion gets the best of you sometimes though. You've even put off Steve Infanti who is the most even keeled guy on the air here. It makes for good radio sometimes but you have to walk that tightrope of expressing your opinion without making the host feel uncomfortable with you. You have made a bit of a name for yourself if that was your goal. But I tend to think you are a guy more who is a rabid fan like us and has a good perspective that he likes to share.
Sports radio always has celebrity callers.

I don’t know Pat’s call history but enough people have vouched that he is a really good caller. He seems knowledgeable. I think would agree he is a good caller based on that.

JB probably knows that. I was shocked that JB actually listens to Axe when he isn’t on. Like don’t listen to sports radio. It’s become so toxic for my professional teams I have gone cold turkey since March listening to EEI or Sports Hub on my apps.
Not saying Pat is toxic but the hosts tend to play up drama where there isn’t any just to stoke up negativity.

I don’t think it would be smart for Pat to call JB not because Pat is wrong but because honestly I don’t want JB to say something that could hurt him. I mean the opinion was about JB’s son not just a player. It’s hard to separate that for him.
I don’t think Pat was going personal at all but Putting JB in a situation with his son isn’t good.

I tried to framed my question about guards rebounding what changed in a manner without trying to bait him on his son. It was more about the guards as a unit.

I think we all have opinions on how he is treating certain things but we shouldn’t try to get him in a situation he legitimately could do something stupid.

Yes Steve and I have since discussed this fact that Steve has been in the crossfires unnecessary before,that I initiated. He appreciated my communication and follow up to this.

sometimes but you have to walk that tightrope of expressing your opinion without making the host feel uncomfortable with you.
The best communication keeps receiver's focus directly on your message, not your presentation.

Appreciate that this is a challenge for passionate sports talk radio callers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom