This weekend: Syracuse rain pancho? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This weekend: Syracuse rain pancho?

I think if Wake Forest can't provide a viable game environment, they should forfeit and give us another bye week. We could use the easy win and additional time to heal up before Virginia Tech.

Rain and 16 mph winds forecast, Sounds like game on to me.

The pass game in 100 mph should be interesting. Not sure home field advantage will be that strong...

Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 2.29.18 PM.png

Only problem with this is even if the storm hits on Friday if there are strong enough winds the stupid trees will be falling and there will be power outages.

Barring some miraculous turn, my family and I will not be making the game.
My chance to make it is less than 50/50 right now...hoping for a 45 degree right turn.

The tailgate has been suspended (with a final tailgate call on Thursday PM)

Ct8dakPXgAAVZPS.jpg:large

Too early to tell but this graphic puts Winston-Salem on the lower-end of impact.

just got off the phone with my brother in florida, they were told they expect the path to shift west on the 11pm update and then it will be nasty all the way up the coast if that happens. The Miami-FSU game is being looked at to be moved to late Nov due to people recovering if the storm hits. many flight delays already happening and that will cascade soon

Only problem with this is even if the storm hits on Friday if there are strong enough winds the stupid trees will be falling and there will be power outages.

We need smart trees.

I heard the evacuation area is within 100 miles form the coast and Winston-Salem is more like 300 miles.

We need smart trees.

I heard the evacuation area is within 100 miles form the coast and Winston-Salem is more like 300 miles.

WFU is exactly 236 miles from my house here just north of Wilmington (closer as the crow flies). We've recently been deluged here on the coast and further inland, so the elevated water table is a concern, since trees will blow over much easier

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom