Class of 2014 - Thomas Holley | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Thomas Holley

Okay its one thing to lose to ND but I'm baffled at losing ppl to Penn state. What have they done to receive top talent year in and year out? Their coach will likely be coaching else where in the next couple years also.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
Three words: Larry Johnson, Sr.

Okay its one thing to lose to ND but I'm baffled at losing ppl to Penn state. What have they done to receive top talent year in and year out? Their coach will likely be coaching else where in the next couple years also.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

they have like 100k fans at their games and get in national title contention from time to time.

Last edited:
We simply move on, I wish the man well as we part friends, but not his team. When he faces us on the field of battle, he will no longer be a friend, but a foe to be conquered. It is said "the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and so must it be that a friend of my enemy is my enemy!"

Three words: Larry Johnson, Sr.

Four words:
hAB282C17

So is Larry Johnson the only remaining coach on the PSU staff from the Paterno - Sandusky cabal? If so, why? Not that we had a shot with Holley but kind of sucks that Penn State gets five scholarships back for doing what they're supposed to do (cue Chris Rock here) and they use two of those to flip an important Cuse commit and get a verbal from the top HS player in NY. I have a work associate who is a PSU booster who tells me the bowl ban will be lifted after next season as well.

So is Larry Johnson the only remaining coach on the PSU staff from the Paterno - Sandusky cabal? If so, why? Not that we had a shot with Holley but kind of sucks that Penn State gets five scholarships back for doing what they're supposed to do (cue Chris Rock here) and they use two of those to flip an important Cuse commit and get a verbal from the top HS player in NY. I have a work associate who is a PSU booster who tells me the bowl ban will be lifted after next season as well.

Yes, only hold over after the recent firings. Strange he wasn't given a promotion when O'brien revamped the staff. They must be paying him well to have him stay on as just a DL coach. I bet a lot of schools would be interested in him.

Yes, only hold over after the recent firings. Strange he wasn't given a promotion when O'brien revamped the staff. They must be paying him well to have him stay on as just a DL coach. I bet a lot of schools would be interested in him.

If BOB bolts, we can hope Johnson bolts as well. If so, that possibility combined with what is going on at Rutgers will really open the door for SU in NJ and PA. Johnson is an unbelievable recruiter. Not sure if O' Brien would want to take him to the NFL with him, since you don't need a recruiter there, but we can hope they both leave. If that happens, I wonder if Holley and Cabinda stick around.

If BOB bolts, we can hope Johnson bolts as well. If so, that possibility combined with what is going on at Rutgers will really open the door for SU in NJ and PA. Johnson is an unbelievable recruiter. Not sure if O' Brien would want to take him to the NFL with him, since you don't need a recruiter there, but we can hope they both leave. If that happens, I wonder if Holley and Cabinda stick around.
Johnson will stay there forever. Doesn't matter if BoB leaves or not.

He was never coming to SU so I don't care where he goes. I would rather get the best players we can instead of the best players in NYS. Recruiting gets more and more national every year and we are doing much better in critical regions. Most of our top incoming recruits are from out of the NE region.

I also don't care about PSU anymore since we won't play them anytime soon. BOB will leave for the NFL and they will have a huge challenge on their hands. The ACC and the B1G will be in their backyard big time from now on. Also, the B1G is in decline quality wise and the ACC is ascending. Give them a few more years of mediocrity and they will be at each others throats.

I tried finding out Johnson's salary and found that, in the BIG just Penn St & Northwestern don't provide that information.

I thought that all state schools had to make their coaches & assistants coaches salaries public?
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/91590/a-look-at-the-b1g-assistant-salaries

Penn State can always sell its big crowds, atmosphere and relatively easy drive to NYC/New Jersey. Now it can sell nearby road trips to Rutgers and Maryland. Gonna be harder to beat for recruits down the road. Maryland was a big loss for SU and the ACC.

Brooklyn (N.Y.) Abraham Lincoln five-star defensive tackle and Penn State commitThomas Holleyspoke with head coachBill O'Briena few minutes ago regarding the ESPN report that O'Brien was in the process of working on a deal to become the Houston Texans next head coach.

“I just off the phone with him," Holley told Luke Stampini. "He said he isn’t going. It’s not true."

http://pennstate. .com/Article/Bill-OBrien-tells-Thomas-Holley-hes-staying-168244
The texans owner said they would have more interviews next week. So I guess it's not a done deal this weekend.

Brooklyn (N.Y.) Abraham Lincoln five-star defensive tackle and Penn State commitThomas Holleyspoke with head coachBill O'Briena few minutes ago regarding the ESPN report that O'Brien was in the process of working on a deal to become the Houston Texans next head coach.

“I just off the phone with him," Holley told Luke Stampini. "He said he isn’t going. It’s not true."

http://pennstate. .com/Article/Bill-OBrien-tells-Thomas-Holley-hes-staying-168244
What's not true? ESPN has only stated that O'Brien and the Texans are working on a deal, not that he's leaving as of now.

why would he bother negotiating a better way out if he didnt plan on leaving soon? maybe not this year but clearly he wants the nfl at some point

Hmmm sounds familiar. I swear I have heard that before from someone? Can't put my finger on who though? Zach Allen, Gus Edwards, Malik Brown and LaRay Smith all thought it was true as well

Not only is BOB best friends with Doug Marrone but they share the same speechwriter. Holley is a sucker if he believes what he was told.

Maybe the Texas Bowl MVP should give him a call to change his mind. Holley could come in and replace Bromley in a heartbeat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom